So this picture at last night's Jazz game has nothing to do with the subject of the post, I just thought baby girl is turning out pretty photogenic so far...What I wanted to talk about is general conference! Wasn't it most superb? We were able to go to the Saturday morning session. When President Monson was sustained I kept getting goosebumps over and over again. I'm so grateful for the gospel. I feel so richly blessed that I have it in my life, and that it gives me so much purpose. I was sitting there listening to President Eyring speak... and I found the quote that in particular touched me.
"My sense of gratitude stems also from blessings to my family. It is the sealing power and our knowledge of it which changes and transforms our family life here and our expectations for the joy of family life in the world to come. The thought and the hope that I can have eternal relationships carries me through the trials of separation and the loneliness which are part of mortal existence. The promise to the faithful in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that we may have associations and an expansion of families in the eternities. That assurance changes forever and for the better all of our associations in families."
Not to get too Hallmark on you, but I was sitting there with Jason, one of his hands holding mine and the other on my belly feeling baby girl move...you add pregnancy emotions in there and I was completely gone. I could not stop crying! The spirit touched me, and for that moment everything in life was sublimely perfect. There are things we hear over and over again in the church like "families are forever," and it can become so routine. Once in a while I really internalize the fact that I have the blessing of knowing I can be with Jason eternally, and our family, and it makes me so happy. There are moments that certain gospel truths ring overwhelmingly TRUE to my heart. I need those moments. We all do. Sometimes it all just seems too good to be true, doesn't it?
"My sense of gratitude stems also from blessings to my family. It is the sealing power and our knowledge of it which changes and transforms our family life here and our expectations for the joy of family life in the world to come. The thought and the hope that I can have eternal relationships carries me through the trials of separation and the loneliness which are part of mortal existence. The promise to the faithful in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that we may have associations and an expansion of families in the eternities. That assurance changes forever and for the better all of our associations in families."
Not to get too Hallmark on you, but I was sitting there with Jason, one of his hands holding mine and the other on my belly feeling baby girl move...you add pregnancy emotions in there and I was completely gone. I could not stop crying! The spirit touched me, and for that moment everything in life was sublimely perfect. There are things we hear over and over again in the church like "families are forever," and it can become so routine. Once in a while I really internalize the fact that I have the blessing of knowing I can be with Jason eternally, and our family, and it makes me so happy. There are moments that certain gospel truths ring overwhelmingly TRUE to my heart. I need those moments. We all do. Sometimes it all just seems too good to be true, doesn't it?
P.S. speaking of the wonderful husband...(I know, I'm obsessed with him) I was thrilled this afternoon to see that he discovered the posh new dish gloves I bought... he seemed equally as thrilled... He loves doing the dishes! They look great on him.

6 comments:
Families are Forever and Mera I truly consider you apart of my family...you have been so much more than a friend and there are no words that can express what our bond means to me.
You are such a sweet little pregnant lady and I am sooo happy for you and your wonderful husband...I mean seriously a man that can wear pink gloves and LOVES doing the dishes is a keeper:)Cute preggo Pic hopefully I can see you in person soon!
I love You GIRL!
Wasn't that such a good conference. It touch me as well. I am so glad to have the gospel in my life as well. I am so happy to know that families are forever.
I love seeing all of your new prego pitures you are so cute prego!
Conference was so refreshing. I love President Monson, his talk made me laugh!Elder Ballards talk was my favorite. I needed that one. I think I will listen to it many more times. Glad to see you are so happy. The gospel and families are the most amazing things on this earth. I love what you had to say, you are going to be an incredible mom. Love ya!
I found your blog through Brandi's blog, and I feel like a voyer reading it all the time! I just wanted to let you know that you are postively the cutest pregnant woman EVER, and for that, you are my hero. I'm glad to see that things are going so well for you. I added your blog to a link on my own--hopefull that's okay.
oh boy i miss you.
isn't confrence always just what we need? i can't wait for your little babe to get here. youre the greatest mere! lunch next week? i'll call ya.
Post a Comment