So I feel like going nuts with spring cleaning. Anyone with me? (Feeling much like Rosie the Riveter. Isn't she just hot?) I'm not talking about the surface stuff either. I want the deep stuff. I am going through my closet today and D.I.ing ridiculous amounts of junk. So if any of you have been secretly eyeing any of my items, they might show up on the shelves at DI within the next couple of weeks. Then again, that might be awkward when I see it on you and ask where you got it. Dang it, if you are eyeing it just tell me and I will give it to you! I am trying not to be too drastic or rash because I obviously don't happen to fit into like 90% of my clothing right now. It's sorta like the seasonal temporary insanity that comes over me every winter, I want to throw away all my summer things because I just think, "Well I really don't wear this lately." Does that happen to you? Yeah that's how I am feeling about every last pair of jeans I own, besides the maternity ones with the huge fabulous belly strap. (PS bless those maternity jeans, bless them bless them and bless the soul who came up with them. ) I think I will most likely move onto my husband's closet next (which is bigger than mine by the way, who does he think he is? Doesn't he understand the rules of life?!?) and begin a trashing tirade there as well. Women, I've realized it's just much easier to de-junk your husband's stuff when he is at work. I promise he (at least Jason) will not even realize there is a single THING missing, even though I will be hauling out 2 huge black garbage bags from his closet alone. I think they call this phase of the pregnancy "nesting," and I happen to just adore that term because every time I hear it I imagine myself as this big fat hefty hen waddling around searching for mud and twigs. And it makes me laugh. Hooray for nesting! Hooray for spring cleaning! It really is therapeutic. Feels great!
This is the title of a song I wrote for hubs to sing him on our wedding day. That's right, I was a wedding singer. This blog's about all the tomfoolery that's followed that day.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
So I feel like going nuts with spring cleaning. Anyone with me? (Feeling much like Rosie the Riveter. Isn't she just hot?) I'm not talking about the surface stuff either. I want the deep stuff. I am going through my closet today and D.I.ing ridiculous amounts of junk. So if any of you have been secretly eyeing any of my items, they might show up on the shelves at DI within the next couple of weeks. Then again, that might be awkward when I see it on you and ask where you got it. Dang it, if you are eyeing it just tell me and I will give it to you! I am trying not to be too drastic or rash because I obviously don't happen to fit into like 90% of my clothing right now. It's sorta like the seasonal temporary insanity that comes over me every winter, I want to throw away all my summer things because I just think, "Well I really don't wear this lately." Does that happen to you? Yeah that's how I am feeling about every last pair of jeans I own, besides the maternity ones with the huge fabulous belly strap. (PS bless those maternity jeans, bless them bless them and bless the soul who came up with them. ) I think I will most likely move onto my husband's closet next (which is bigger than mine by the way, who does he think he is? Doesn't he understand the rules of life?!?) and begin a trashing tirade there as well. Women, I've realized it's just much easier to de-junk your husband's stuff when he is at work. I promise he (at least Jason) will not even realize there is a single THING missing, even though I will be hauling out 2 huge black garbage bags from his closet alone. I think they call this phase of the pregnancy "nesting," and I happen to just adore that term because every time I hear it I imagine myself as this big fat hefty hen waddling around searching for mud and twigs. And it makes me laugh. Hooray for nesting! Hooray for spring cleaning! It really is therapeutic. Feels great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You may want to think twice about throwing out Jason's Girbauds and braided leather belts. You know he still wears them when you're not around...they go great with his high socks!!
Hahaha, how funny. Yep, you are definitely nesting...I think that is the fun part. ;) We just got home this morning after staying over in Provo last night!
Meradith, you are the funniest. I love that you already figured out bypassing Jason on the dejunking...it took me like 4 damn years to realize it's just better for everyone if I do it while Rob's at work. I'm happy for you that you're getting your nesting thrills. Poor Stace did all her nesting in like a 3 week adoptive-craze period...it was a zoo around here! So excited for you, just a few more months!!!
Oh, Meradith you crack me up! I just went through and cleaned out our closets too. I now look at them and I have know more clothes. I guess it gives me a good excuse to go shopping!
Hahaha. I "spring clean" about every six months. It happens when we move and I'd rather throw stuff away then pack it and haul it. The baby blessing is on Thursday, April 24...I think. But I have no idea what time. Josh and I are flying back to Texas at 6, so I hope it's before then. Yikes. See you soon, Mother Hen!
MERA...YOU are definitely NESTING! That is funny. I thought you only knew how to unload the dishwasher?
:)Funny:) That was what you and Ness fought about after school all the time:)
Well I can't wait to rub your little buda belly...tell that little girl in there that her Auntie B loves her and Berlin can't wait to meet her:)
So miss Meradith... I have a baby gift to give to you before we leave for California since I probably won't see you again before you have her. So we need to get together.
Post a Comment