Monday, May 12, 2008

A new babe in the family!!

So, first thing's first! My little sister Nessa had her baby this morning in San Fransisco!! This little angel is Leah Mae Palmer, she weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces, and required only 20 minutes of pushing! Whoa mama! Look at those big eyes! Look at that hair! I cannot get over how BEAUTIFUL she is and that is NOT just family bias coming through! My mom called last night to tell me they were on their way to the hospital and I promptly BURST into tears. I've been crying all day on and off talking to mom and Vanessa. Ness is doing great, her and baby. Our convo was a little sobering though because her response to every question I asked about the details of the event was, "you don't want me to answer that, Mera." Apparently the epidural only took to certain parts of her body. Ouch... In 10 weeks I will be joining her club. Oh the tears and triumphs of womanhood! I'm SOOO HAPPY I can't wait to meet her!! She's so perfect!







And to the borring stuff... by the way I am starting to get really sick of that last post of mine. I may just erase it all together. It takes up an exorbitant amount of space, especially for how monotonous the information provided really is (let's be honest). Here is Jason and me yesterday after church. I told him "I want to go for a walk," meaning a casual Sunday stroll. So he drives right up to the base of a hiking trail close to our house. Jason can be kindof intense. We start up this "walk" and I notice quickly that it is a pure incline, (I'm gripping boulders and tree branches along the way trying to hoist myself upward and onward) so I kindly and gently remind him of the hefty 25 extra pounds I am hauling (wow I must have like a 20 pound baby in there!), not to mention the dress I'm in and ask him if he's prepared to deliver our baby if I suddenly go into labor early due to the extra energy and strain he is requiring me to exert. We ended up walking it for only about 45 minutes, but don't worry. I was covered in sweat and dirt by the time we were back to the car. Here's one of me as you can see getting seriously house size, thrilled at where I've been led by my galant husband. Cute pics of our Sunday stroll!





PS. I have had the same sickening song in my head for three days straight now, and it annoys me to no end. And when I get songs stuck in my head, it's like a stereo is blasting it into my ear. It never plays quietly in my mind. Ya know that song on Charlotte's web, "we've got lot's in common where it really counts"? Yeah, that's the one. Run my head into the wall. Bless that life-saving spider Charlotte and bless that pathetic Wilbur but MAAAAAN that song just drives me NUTS! I keep listening to other stuff to try to get it out and then as soon as it's quiet again I hear it creeping back in.
P.S.S. How bout them Jazz? Wow I could not believe that game yesterday HONESTLY! Why didn't Fish shoot like that when he played for us? Why is Kobe such a freaking baby? Why is D-Will so unbelievable? Why is Booz so inconsistent in the playoffs? What planet did Price come from with those hops?! Did you see that block??? Whooooo hooooo I can't wait for game 6 back in our house!

15 comments:

Ralphster said...

Mer - I'm impressed by your Jazz fever! Jas has done a great job of coverting you to a real Jazz fanatic!!

Go JAZZ!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your sister! The baby is so cute!
I love those pictures of you hiking!
Go Jazz!!!! Were big fans too!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Thanks a lot! I have had that song in my head all morning. The best part is that it is in the sheeps voice! MAN!

ps
Go JAZZ!!!
&
Congrats on the new niece! She really is a pretty baby.

Skylette said...

How precious! You will have to let us know what the baby's name will be. I'm sure you are anxious for the arrival of your own. Speaking of which, do you have names picked out?

Unknown said...

OHHH NESSA I almost cried about the epi not taking all the way!!! What a sweet baby SO BEAUTIFUL but that was a given...but totally bugged that the child has NO name yet!!!
As for your ESPN correspondent paragraph that is such a funny side of you that I tuly NEVER knew! As for KOBE...no name calling please:)MVP yeAHHAHAYAAHHH!

stacy h. said...

vanessa and sam's girl is so , so , so cute!!! did we have any doubt though? i want to know her name! see you at lunch on thursday!

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

So, I feel you about that last post..I was tagged so I had to tag you...sorry about that!

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

She is beautiful! Please tell Vanessa congratulations for me! I love the pics of your relaxing Sunday stroll. You look so happy in the first picture. :) That was fun watching the Jazz game with you guys on Sunday. We should get together again for another game. Love you!

Frankman's said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Her baby is GORGEOUS. Seriously, beautiful! I'm so excited to see what your precious baby looks like! We're doing well! We were out of town last week to go to Moab and Logan for Mother's day. I'll call you tomorrow!

Challis said...

I knew she would have a pretty baby. I guess you will have to keep us posted since she doesn't have a blog! (tell her to get on that)

Micaela said...

Meradith! I found your blog through Challis and have had the funnest time checking it out! Congratulations on the babY!! I am totally impressed by your husband's idea of a walk! I couldn't do that if i WASN'T pregnant!

We almost went with northstar last summer but chose Pinnacle again... gotta love the summer money!

Micaela

Unknown said...

Hey I missed the game and didn't catch the news...did the Jazz win last night?

All I know is that Kobe played conservatively due to his bad back...


:)

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Congrats Auntie... How are you feeling these days? You still look amazing...but no surprise there!!! I hear your hubby is coming out our way tomorrow...!! It's beautiful here...are you coming with him? If so, we should do lunch.

Unknown said...

I thought that was your baby when I came to your blog! Thinking maybe she came early or something....
We are doing good, just living life, excited for summer. My wife wants to get pregnant again. That would be 3 for us, wow. Other than that, nothing really new. Where do you guys live in Provo?

Truly and Shane said...

Leah really IS PERFECT!!