First of all, I wanted to take this time to publicly congratulate my baby sister Vanessa for starting her own blog. If you haven't had the opportunity to meet my dazzling and extremely charming sissy doodle, go here, and get to know her. You won't be disappointed. She is everything you've dreamed of and much more. Their little Leah Mae is turning into a mix between the most beautiful little model gerber baby you have EVER laid eyes on and Jabba the hut... see what I mean??
Yes! Yes!! Holy cow I stinkin LOVE those fat rolls so dang much I can't even handle it. Cutest thing EVER. They are coming back out here in a month and I told her I was afraid that Leah was gonna eat Lucy... No Nessa don't let her do it!!
Lucy Davina is absolutely sweeter with each passing minute. I just cry looking at her because I am so overwhelmed with these feelings. There is nothing else I can do besides lose it and bawl my stinkin eyes out! Last night Jason and I went up to the Broadway showing of High School Musical at the capitol theater (which I LOVED, and loved even more being with the hub) and left baby with my parents with a couple containers of pumped milk. Gosh I couldn't stop crying while we were getting ready to go! What a sap!! I really couldn't even stop long enough to dab some mascara on! I kept feeling like we were abandoning her, I just didn't want to leave her. For 4 hours! hahaha. We had a great time together, actually it was more than perfect for us, and baby did wonderful without us for the evening. Thank you mom and dad!! You know I would never have left her with anyone else!
So, monumental things have been happening this week in the life of our little stink. I will spare you the details of diaper filling blow outs, even though they really are quite monumental for new parents... but I will tell you that 1. she did lose that creepy little umbilical cord on day seven which for some reason really scared me when it came rolling off... 2. She had her first bath on day eight, which turned out to be a pretty traumatic experience for her dad and me. (She was crying, I was shouting all about that the water temperature wasn't right, he was shouting all about that I was getting soap in her eyes... even though neither were true it was kinda a zoo.) Luckily later on we could look at each other and laugh at it and our little peach lived through it and we are still enjoying her newly bathed smell and her soft fuzzy non-grease-stricken hair. And 3. She sprouted her first 4 teeth this week, one of which was a molar. Just kidding. Can you imagine??! I would die! And nursing would be over!! But I heard that there actually are babies born with teeth, crazy huh? No no, hopefully we have months of gummy smiles ahead to look forward to.
Here are some pics of her big event... everytime we strip her down she pees but we are getting better and better at predicting and catching it!
Here's the little runt clean as a whistle... compliments to Stacy for making that adorable bow!!
Here are a couple shots Jason took a few days ago... trying to get a size reference on her and really, this teddy bear is a small one! She is a natural in front of the camera. We are superfans... complete and utter fools captivated by the spell she has cast!







18 comments:
HAHAHAHA! Oh Mera, Leah IS JABBA! That's what we call her, Baby Jabba... I love the middle pic of Luce next to the teddy bear. She looks like a little hoochie mama turning to do the booty dance! AH! I can't stop staring at her!
She is SO adorable!!! Ahhhhh, I wish I was close by so I could come by and cuddle her up again! Oh... so sweet. I love the pic of you and her... You both are beauties! She has GREAT eyes... she looks pretty wide awake!
oh, and good job for being able to leave for a few hours and go on a little date with the hubby... So important! I'm sure Nanc and Curt were wonderful babysitters!
She is so cute! You guys must be so happy! And congratulations! Hope you are all doing well :)
You look so great, can't even tell you just had a baby :) Seriously you look awesome!
oh! you are making me soo baby hungry!!!
She is ADORABLE! I love it!
i have GOT to come see her again. she has changed!
Mer-I just want to eat her up! She is so adorable! We need to get together again with our kids!
Okay first of all...you look amazing!! Second of all, your little niece is to die for-what a chunk...Brooklynn's little legs have started to get a little chunkier now that we have introduced her to baby food-yummy vegetables- and I have to control myself with the pinching...I just can't get enough! Thirdly, little Lucy is just absolutely precious! And so little...it's hard to believe that Brooklynn was once that little...they grow so fast! Lastly, I'm impressed you left her for a fabulous date night with the hubby! I know that's hard...I keep having mixed feelings about the company cruise in October because I am leaving her with my parents-which I know is just fine and I will enjoy myself more not having her with us and Paul and I need that time together after such a LONG summer and extension, but I know I am going to miss her terribly! I have still not left her for longer than 4 hours and she is 6.5 months old! Anyways, I also wanted to reply to your sweet comment you left on our blog- THANK YOU! I am glad you enjoyed talking with me about my birthing experience, cause I thoroughly enjoy talking about it...As you can attest it is the most beautiful, miraculous experience and words just can't describe the emotions you feel- it's simply the best! Can't wait to see you guys after the extension! Oh and in answer to your question...we are loving Texas. There is so much to do here...I am so glad that Jenna is here with us now too because she is just a blast and we're having so much fun!
I LOVE how her mouth is open in all of the pictures with the teddy bear,...she is WAY TOO CUTE!!!!
Lucy is a cutie! I can't wait to meet her in a couple of weeks!
PS - I hope Vanessa is still talking to you after you compared her baby to Jabba! Too funny!
she is even more beautiful in person meradith! what a perfect sweetie. and what a blessed little girl she is to come to such wonderful people.. and i was serious about you calling me if you NEED anything. if you and jason need to get out for an hour or so to go to dinner or something.. remember i'm just a few minutes away.. and i'm a pretty good baby-sitter if i may say so myself Ü SERIOUSLY
you are the funnest person i know. jabba that's awesome! i love the rolls on vanessa's little girl they are cute, and who thought rolls could be cute.
your little girl is a cuttie pie!!
Oooohhh no, i have a new baby to blog stalk. Little Lucy is so so so cute. If Josh and I have babies that look at ALL like either of us when we were born (super ugly), we might just have to adopt a few of yours. Come on, don't be selfish. Not everyone can produce cute babies.
Mera! I hope Vanessa doesnt sock you in the nose! HAHA-I would- just kidding :D
Your baby is so cute!! I hope everything is going great. Good job getting out and leaving her with G-Ma and Pa. I hope you 3 are wonderful today!
Oh LUCY girl how I love you so! I am coming up Mera tonight do you want me to come over and tackle you like I did a few weeks ago. Now that you don't have the belly I have the advantage of my famous body slam:)
Anyway call me and let me know when would be a good time to stop by.
Anyway I can't believe (I really can) how beautiful the Collard babies are, man I want to snuggle that Leah she is so stinkin cute. Well loving the baby bath pics post pics of that little girl often she is too cute for words...way to go you two!
Post a Comment