Monday, August 18, 2008

Big dreams...

I have been richly blessed - or cursed depending on the day - throughout my life with the unmatched ability to remember every vivid detail of my dreams. Before we get to my dreams, aren’t dreams just plain bizarre in general? Where does our subconscious come up with this stuff? Isn’t it fascinating that we create these scenarios in our minds while we are totally out of it? Seriously, I’m all about analyzing dreams and looking for the deeper meaning. I also believe in Joseph and his coat and that the Lord communicates with us sometimes through our dreams. I also heard once that dreams are reflections of our inner most fears or fantasies. But let’s be honest… the majority of my dreams are completely off the wall no logic nonsense that leave me at a loss for words. Since Jason and I have been married it has been a morning tradition for me to start every day while still in bed with, “I had the weirdest dream,” and then proceed to recount every detail of the ridiculousness to him. And I really don’t think I believe that dreams are only a few seconds long… I think that's just a myth. Like chewing gum taking 7 years to digest. Please!

When we were first married I had several cheating dreams…of Jason cheating on me of course. Any of you been there when you were a new bride? Horrifying. And no my subconscious was not trying to warn me of something. In one episode, his mistress was Kelly Clarkson, and to top it off Jason happened to be in a lime green tux the whole time. I woke up crying and was so mean to the hub. When I told him he needed to comfort me, he said to me, “It was a dream!” I fired back with, “I still have to deal with the emotions of finding out that you are sleeping with Kelly Clarkson whether it’s real or not!! So comfort me!!” He’s since learned from his mistake and offers comfort no matter how absurd the reason for the need may be. It was pretty dramatic. I couldn’t listen to her music for months.

I wake myself up laughing from time to time… like once I was auditioning for a musical and when I got there realized it was a ballet audition. No I am not a ballet dancer...like furthest thing from it. But they told me to audition anyway! So I put on my leotard and tutu like nobody’s business and performed a lyrical dance off the top of my head… and the judges were crying because it was so beautiful. Then when the time came for the final performance and I couldn’t go on because I was so nervous… the only thing that calmed me down was when my husband backstage started talking to me with a little hand puppet much like this one …


He said to the other dancers, “Don’t worry, this always calms her down.” And voila! I said to him, “Thanks babe. You always know what I need!” and I was went on to be the star of the show! Can you believe that absurdity?!

Well, I won’t go on. Believe me; I could go on for days about my dreams. They are a constant source of entertainment in our family. I had a dream last night that I was BFF with Michael Phelps- yes that’s right, the Olympic swimmer. In my dream he asked Jason to fill in for one of the swimmers in a relay swim. It was no big deal; my husband’s swimming in the Olympics everyone. My life could never be boring. Even if I lived the most mundane monotonous reality, I could always just go to sleep. Tell me some of your crazy dreams!
Oh, and like we haven't been taking a bajillion pictures a day of the gem. So here are a few recent morsels of the fam that really have nothing to do with the post, but thought I'd share them anyway.
And these are for you Court! She LOVES the unicorn blankie. In fact, she wants to make out with the unicorn any chance she gets!

11 comments:

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Oh my gosh...Eric and I ALWAYS talk about when the other person "dream cheated" on us...it's a valid feeling...to a certain extent!!! :) Lucy (Luci?) is SO cute!!!

Court and Brade said...

So glad she loves her knew friend! I just knew she would need a little buddy, aka make out partner, and there is no better buddy than a unicorn! ha ha so funny. She is a doll. And YES I have such odd dreams too and SHARE EVERY DETAIL with Brade... he must think I am crazy cause sometimes I get all emotional about my dreams! He has to remind me that they are not reality!

Tiffany Wilson said...

Thanks for the entertainment. I laughed for five minutes over the hand puppet thing! I'm also glad to know I'm not the only crazy wife who gets all upset about my husband cheating on me in my dreams. Yes, I still have those dreams 7 years into marriage.
I have a few recurring themes in my dreams--one is the constant appearance of a boy I grew up with and was in love with for seriously like 6 years, but never quite "conquered." The other is that there will be random, annoying guys(once it was a midget-- sorry pc term--little person) trying to hit on me and in my dreams Mike thinks it is so hilarious that he will NOT come to my rescue.

Any thoughts on the deeper meanings? Thanks again for the laughs!

katie said...

i will wake up from a dream and have to have a quick reality check because i think that they're really the way things are!!! that can be both good and bad...

my favorite thing about Lucy is the fact that she is so teeny-tiny, dainty, and so feminine!

i love it :)

ps thanks for understanding....

ShaLyse Walker said...

Baby Dera!
go to this link:
http://www.ashleyhollis.typepad.com/
and enter the give away! It's from me (haha) and I want one of my friends to win it. i'm such a briber.

Challis said...

I'm usually too focused on my own dreams to ever really care (or listen) to other people's dreams, but your post definitely made me interested in your inner psyche! I laughed so hard at the hand puppet part. I have a hunch living in your head for a day would be quite the treat. Josh always makes fun of me because I say "I had the weirdest dream last night" and then before I proceed I have about 7 HUGE breakthroughs, which I then must recount for him as well. I don't feel too bad though because once Josh made me listen to a dream he had where he ate his best friend's stomach. Yes...this is true.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

an angel, you baby is beautiful. ANd I am always mean to eric after cheating dreams. He is always cheating with ugly girls too to top it off.

Jill Wilson said...

Mera-- that was a good post:D I used to always have "cheating" dreams.... Quaid was always the one doing the cheating... the red itchy rump! I would wake up so upset and a little clingy???!! My poor little self esteem had been beaten up the night before- HAHA! I have weird dreams all the time. Sometimes I actually say prayers to have a dream free night because I get so sick of them. I too remember every flippin detail of them and they are ALL/EVERY night. Quaid never remembers any of his dreams. I dont necessarily have bad dreams but sometimes they are so weird that they annoy me. I just want to rest in peace!!

PS- that baby girl is wonderful!

Vanessa said...

Meeva boo.... I'm sorry, but even after the laugh attack we had on the phone talking about your dream, I had to read this post again. And stinky little Luce is going to get a sound whipping when I get in town. I love her round little head--so perfect! I can't wait to piff her little scullette. The tiniest scullette in the world.

jenna said...

cassie and i are sitting here ooing and ahhing at your child. we are coming to your house to swap our babies for her..because we're nervous our babies will NOT be as cute as her!!!! we love you. you look amazing.

Kent and Kate said...

Oh My Gosh! I know you told before but I still laughed out loud when I read it. Hand puppet!!! hahahaha.

I have dreams that Kent and I are married to other people. We hate our marriages and we secretly lust after each other.

I also have dreams about giving birth to multiple children. Not two, three or even four but usually ten or more. I wake up feeling very stressed out!