Before we address the serious adorable-ness of this photo, I need to say a few grumbling words. Not fair. No fairness at all. Lamo. For the love! Ugh it is 3:44 in the morning. No sleeping. Since 2:20. Don’t worry; my child is pretty close to sleeping through the night, actually. So no I’m not up with the screaming baby like most new moms. I’m up in the middle of the night just for the fun of it. I came down with a pretty nasty cold and shot a spray of nasal junk up there before bed to try to clear those passages but now it’s running like crazy and I can’t even lay in bed and give it a good blow because I don’t want to wake the dear hub nor the nenita. Since moving out onto the couch 30 seconds ago, I have sneezed no less than 8 times. No doubt I will continue. Sorry about the details but seriously, no one’s breaking your arm to make you read this blog. So I’ll be cursing the world tomorrow when I am exhausted and Lucy wants to play and I have 500 million things to do.
I am run down. Yes indeed. Though, happily run down. I always get sick when I am. Between church callings, finishing the semester, juggling holiday stuff and the human being that depends on me for life and more recently entertainment, I am pretty tired.
I do have exciting news… yesterday I took the final test of my college career! Yes folks indeed, you are reading the writings of a college graduate. I will walk in April with a BA in Spanish. Exciting. While this semester has been a tough one on me, I will miss school. I have loved it. I have made some wonderful friends. I have a real passion for the Spanish language and literature. It has offered me mental stimulation and social interaction and let's be honest, a reason to get ready for the day! I will have to get creative now come January in those areas. If I don’t I will absolutely drive the hub BATTY. I'm sortof preparing myself to do that anyway, but honestly. I keep thinking there are so many projects I want to get started on the house, but there's only so much you can do, with no one else around except baby, cooped up inside, until you start looking like Goldie Hawn on Overboard... you know that scene when she is completely spaced out repeating "ba ba ba ba...." and the boys are throwing grapes at her face? Yes, that's the image that comes to mind. So we'll see how I deal as a real stay-at-home mom. I must say it feels fabulous to be done!
I am run down. Yes indeed. Though, happily run down. I always get sick when I am. Between church callings, finishing the semester, juggling holiday stuff and the human being that depends on me for life and more recently entertainment, I am pretty tired.
I do have exciting news… yesterday I took the final test of my college career! Yes folks indeed, you are reading the writings of a college graduate. I will walk in April with a BA in Spanish. Exciting. While this semester has been a tough one on me, I will miss school. I have loved it. I have made some wonderful friends. I have a real passion for the Spanish language and literature. It has offered me mental stimulation and social interaction and let's be honest, a reason to get ready for the day! I will have to get creative now come January in those areas. If I don’t I will absolutely drive the hub BATTY. I'm sortof preparing myself to do that anyway, but honestly. I keep thinking there are so many projects I want to get started on the house, but there's only so much you can do, with no one else around except baby, cooped up inside, until you start looking like Goldie Hawn on Overboard... you know that scene when she is completely spaced out repeating "ba ba ba ba...." and the boys are throwing grapes at her face? Yes, that's the image that comes to mind. So we'll see how I deal as a real stay-at-home mom. I must say it feels fabulous to be done!
Ok here's to the pics. Luc had her first breakdown with a stranger. And it was with poor Old Chris Kringle. When we handed her off, she was absolutely breaking her neck to turn to look at his face, eyes bugged completely out of head. She stared blankly for a few seconds and then came the tears! So I swooped her out of that bad man's arms, slapped him across the face for making my baby cry, and scurried out of there. Don't know exactly why that was the mental image that came to my mind just now as I'm telling you about it, but it did. And I wrote it. In all seriousness, it's gotta be kind of tough being Saint Nick. I'm sure it's pretty fun most of the time, but what about the real bratty kids? (Not including Lucia in that category of course!) And their parents are there coaching these kids to give their best smiles, taking pictures and you just have to be all patient and jolly all the time? Sitting there sweating bullets in that ridiculous sweat suit, not to mention those locks on your face? Maybe I should volunteer to be the ward Santa Clause next year so I can see what it's really like. I couldn't be worse than the one my sister had in her ward.
Here are a couple more of the little gem. We had the NorthStar Christmas party at Noah's in Lindon, and I'm sad I didn't take more pictures than I did because the place was really cool. We got a few in her little Christmas get-up. Oh goodness she makes me swoon!
And, last but certainly not least, here are a few from the other day just before putting her in the tub. That tush gets it's fair share of pinching let me assure you.





8 comments:
OH my hell. I'm about to scream. Oh little Doof! I can't handle the Santa hat! Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Now listen... don't hate on our Santa... You know you're just YEALOUS!!!
Oh my gosh- that first picture made me laugh out loud. I mean the cuteness is to much....I wish I could give her some squeezes!!!!! Mera she is so beautiful!
Congrats on graduating! Sorry you're sick. Little Lucy looks SO adorable. I hope life clams down for you pretty quick. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.
In like, twenty some years when Luc gets married...will you promise to put one of those naked baby pictures in her wedding video?!!?
Oh, and thanks for everything witht the shower!!
OHHHH I love baby bums!! Your Santa isnt so bad compared to Vanessas, I love the santa pictures.
COngrats! That is great news on graduating! And Lucy is cuter then ever!
Glad you slapped the Santa. How dare he make the princess do anything but giggle. And did you get a new calling?
Isn't she just the most adorable thing! I just can't get over it! I saw that I have some pictures from the Christmas Party on my camera, I'll email them over.
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment