Sunday, May 17, 2009

Motherhood.

I know I'm late. But I loved Mother's Day. I LOVE my mother. I love my mother-in-law. I love my sisters, who are mothers. I love a countless number of others who are mothers. And I love LOVE being a mother. Lots of love. What a club to belong to. What an association. We make tiny people. And then we nuture them and love them once we've made them all the way up until they are big people. I look at Lucia and feel my mind blowing all over again, every time. Never fails. And it's weird for me to consider that this is how we all got here, that same journey. Billions and billions of times over since the world began. Poor Eve. Do you think anyone told her what was happening to her the first time she was pregnant? I mean she knew they were instructed to multiply- but still. There must have been someone who came and let her know that she wasn't just getting chubby- that there was another human inside of her who was gonna bust out of her body within a few months. Think she had any kind of prep course?? I think she must have. I have to believe that she did. Here's to Eve. Here's to all Mothers, of every kind.

So easy to love this Lucy. Easiest thing in my life. (And I adore the fact that at almost 10 months she still is elated to let me tuck her in my pouch and carry her kangaroo style).

2 comments:

candicetheresa said...

I have MAJOR shoppers' remorse! Why didn't I get those pants! (they were the wrong color remember?, so that gives me some solace) Very hot! Smokin'!

Profound thought about Eve. Never thought of that. Very interesting to think about. I hope she had some prep!

Tiffany Wilson said...

Your baby is adorable! She and Ruby got to hang out one night and she helped Ruby really step up her game! :) I gotta tell you, you are looking super hot in that picture, and so thin.