Happy first Birthday Lucia Davina! I got an email from babycenter with, "Your toddler this week," in the subject line. Really? At one year they are trying to throw you into the toddler realm? Just because you happen to toddle? I beg to differ. You are my little teeny tiny baby. I really do wish I could freeze time. I love your sweet angel face more than just about anything in this life.
Lucy's little shin-dig was a hit! Everything went great, except her banana cream pie... which she loathed beyond all description. I tried to put just a little in her mouth so she could at least know what it was before rejecting it completely but it just made her even more fiery hot with anger. She hated the messy whipped cream on her fingers. Truly a little lady.
She was surrounded by many who adore her. Thank you family to all who were there!! We had cake and custard and pizza and presents and then I had all 30 of our guests watch the birthing video. I could really feel how much watching it bonded the group together. (haha. We didn't really watch the video.)
And a little something for history's sake:
- Lucy loves giving open mouth kisses on the cheek, and gives them now upon request (which means you will hear, "Can I have a kiss?" about 1200 times on any given day at our house).
- She doesn't just "walk", but now cruises at a pretty impressive pace, arms straight up in the air, right arm always raised slightly higher than the left.
- She gets into EVERYTHING, cupboards, drawers... pulls every last item out of every single purse/bag in the vicinity.
- She loves LOVES her baby doll and walks around with it all day.
- Is obsessed with peek-a-boo. Still!
- Says "mama","dadda", and "hi" indiscriminately (meaning we are still not sure she knows what she is saying).
- Screams/shrieks the highest pitch shrieking you have ever heard (terradactyl style) for no real reason, mostly just out of excitement for life. She also grunts and sighs a lot to communicate. And she laughs so so much. She laughs all day long. She thinks I'm pretty funny.
- She is unbelievably social and friendly. She walks around all day at church just holding her arms up (signaling the "pick me up") to people she doesn't know. Makes friends easy I guess.
- Only nurses for a few minutes in the morning and a few minutes at night. I really don't feel the angst to be done nursing like most. I could keep going for a long time. But, I'm pretty much following her lead and so I guess that means we are on our way to weaning. Sorta makes me sad.
- Falls asleep on her own now. I never felt anxiety to make this happen. I've always sang to her and rocked her to sleep, and have absolutely loved it so it sorta makes me sad, too. :(
- Sleeps at night from about 8:30 pm 'til 7:30 am, and still takes 2 full naps (thank goodness); usually from about 10 until noon and again from 3 til 4:30 or so. A good little snoozer.
- Drinks out of her sippy cup like it's a flask of liquor. Just throws it back.
I don't remember what life was like without you Luce! I can't believe you graced us with your presence just one short year ago. How very, very lucky I am to be your mother. We won't even get started on what you've done to your dad. He is so in love. Happy Birthday little sis!
7 comments:
oh, the babycenter emails....i remember seeing "toddler" for the first time too. nothing sadder. now my emails only talk about fits and hitting. i'm thinking of quitting my babycenter update. ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!!! 1 year old, and so lucky. her life has been perfect so far. you're a good mama mera. looks like a fun little party to celebrate such a cutie pie.
seriously? already?!?! ONE?!?!? Where has the time gone Meradith?
happy happy bday luc!!!
Happy Birthday, Lucy (a little late!) Can you believe it was one year ago we were both hugely pregnant? It never ceases to amaze me how fast that first year flies by. Lucy's adorable and you have a lot to be proud of -- great job raising her, Meradith!
Happy Birthday my little LUCy who i haven't seen since you were a newborn we love you and hope to see you soon.
As for your MOTHER...HOW dare you not send us an invite! Seriously mad at you. We would have been there or she would have gotton a present on time. You are really starting to *&%$ me off...excuse my language Lucia but your mom needs a swiff kick in the butt!
I am glad she had a good birthday she has gotten so big!
It is hard to believe it has only been a year... and yet it feels like a lifetime. Happy Birthday, Lucia!
Post a Comment