So the Palmers (Sam, Nessa and baby Leah) are in town for the whole month of August! Sam is on his way to the MBA program at the University of Chicago, so in route from San Francisco to the midwest they've stopped to play for a bit. It has been a glorious jubilation and will no doubt end with the gushing of great tears. I get a big pit in my stomach thinking about them leaving! I wish either one of my sisters lived closer permanently, or I wish I didn't like them so much. I'll probably have to work on the latter since it doesn't look like the first will be happening very soon. I'm gonna really start concentrating on Vanessa's flaws. Now that I mention it, she has really amazing mermaid hair lately. And that can be pretty annoying. Ugh she bugs me so bad. I feel a little better.
A couple weeks ago we headed up for some fun at Thanksgiving Point!
I figured out that goats really creep me out. Ya know how you can look at a dog's eyes and see a soul in there? Lemme tell you I stared this goat in the eye long and hard and found absolutely nothing. Creepy blank eyes. Totally and utterly vacant. And those horizontal slit pupils! If aliens were to take over our planet, I'm pretty sure they would disguise themselves as goats.
After my realization hit me: (He didn't help himself out any by having softball sized testicles).
Lucy's first pony ride. She was a natural. Just after this photo was taken she let dad go and went the rest of the ride doing a hand stand. Who knew?
One of my all time favorite Palmer family pictures. They just look so refined, especially that little lover Leah. Oh, and see what I mean with the mermaid hair? Get a life Vanessa!
This is afterwards at dinner. Pretty unreal the extent adults will go to, but look at these pics! Making yourself a buffoon in public is totally worth it. Pretty soon everyone at Zuppa's was looking at us just like this, watching us in utter delight.
Have you ever seen such an elated plea for an encore?! No, no you haven't.
And lastly, a few more shots from the NorthStar party at Seven Peaks.
Look at those locks. I am obsessed with them. Unfortunately this is right before she face-planted it into the cement on aunty's watch.:( Poor little duck.
Here is Lucy about to get tag-team jumped by two older babies. You can tell by the look on her face she knows trouble is brewing.
Jason takes her abuse any time he can. It's crazy how your whole world can be so condensed into two little people.... or one little person and one big person I guess.
Our summer has not disappointed! Too bad I can already feel fall coming on... fills me with dread and exhilaration all at the same time. Exhilaration because I truly love Utah Autumn. Dread mostly because fall=winter soon.
4 comments:
Meda Meda! Commenting on your posts is a whole new ball game when I'm only a few minutes away. I lub it! I lub it! And I lub you!
Oh how fun to have your sister there all month!! They are really getting to take full advantage of the moving experience :) Your post was awesome- I was cracking up at the mermaid hair business! Plus, any time I can see those little biscuits, Leah and Lucia, I am a happy camper. You girls are so fun to stalk!!
DOn't you love Thanksgiving point farm? My kids love it there. So fun, kinda groce sometimes, but they love it.
Lucy is getting so BIG!! she's beautiful!
Post a Comment