Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October.

I've been unusually long-winded in my posts lately (let's be honest, not unusual at all) so for me this will be a post of relatively few words. Mostly faces. Mostly one face. We sure love Autumn. And the neighbor's kitties. I always know exactly when they (the neighbors) have skipped town because they (the kitties) are especially affectionate. *Random cat tangent: Yes, we are cat people. We are also dog people. You can indeed be both, equally, though we have neither and will have neither for a long, long time. We find no sense of true identity in either label. Kinda weird how it's totally the "vogue" thing to hate cats. Like people who really have no reason to resent them just say, "I hate cats," because they think it sounds cool. I had a guy (yes, an adult) in one of my classes last year yell in my face, "Cat people suck!" I stared at him vacantly without blinking for a long, long time.

Do you hate them because they don't lift their leg and urinate on you? Because they don't try to express romantic love to/on inanimate objects? Or to/on you? Because they don't drool on you and bark in the middle of the night? Like I said, I am a dog person as well. Just making a case for felines. So if you say you hate cats, give a good reason. Like one tried to gouge your eyes out or something. If not, I'll be forced to think you are one of those wannabe cool-clubbers.:)

Enough of that! I love this child. She is an unbelievably happy girl. She doesn't hate. She is a lover, just like her mother.
Guess I was still kinda long winded even when I thought I'd be short. That cat thing sorta took me over for a second. Oh well.

15 comments:

Frankman's said...

beautiful family pictures, and lucy is GORGEOUS as always! we miss you!

Unknown said...

YOur little gal is so cute. And you look so good, are you pregnant in these pics? If so, wow that is awesome. I don't look that good when I am pregnant. Sometimes when I see your pictures I think she is YOU to a "T" but then in some of these she looks like your husband...
I actually enjoyed your "cat tangent".

Jill Wilson said...

Okay Mera, I do actually hate cats and I had no idea that it was "in." I swear. Cats gross me out for a couple of reasons. Mainly the disgusting smell that comes from their spray. And also, even if you think a cat is your friend be careful because you never know when he/she might take a random swat at your. And yes, one did. You know him and I know him... Boog!! He tried to claw my face on a IF visit one time. But on to the real reason for this comment. That baby!! She is wonderful in every way. And.. and .. and! The pics of what I think is your backyard?? Gorgeous!! Love the view from the window!! Look at all these exclamations :) Love ya!

Handsfullmom said...

Those are some beautiful photos -- so fun to have a yard, right?

As the owner of those cats, I'm really, really glad they don't bother you. And for the record, they've all been fixed, so there should be no "spray" to worry about. =)

Meradith said...

Ok Jilly, I will give you that one! But Boog was an unusually tempramental cat. He and Nanna had a disturbing, abusive relationship. He attacked her (and all of us) with alarming frequency, she'd beat him up right back, then they'd be snuggling again together by afternoon! Haha oh my gosh I miss Nanna! Thanks for the comment cousin!:)

Anonymous said...

you are so funny! i always love reading your posts! great halloween costumes by the way.
your family is beautiful!

Jill Wilson said...

Now I am laughing out loud! That is cracking me up. I had no idea Boog was like that on a reg basis- hahaha! Okay, now I feel a little better about that horrific memory- haha! Love ya!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Okay! I am going to admit something that I am pretty sure is not cool and people will think I am cold hearted. But I don't really care for animals very much at all. Don't get me wrong they are wonderful to look at. The zoo and animals in nature great! A little baby puppy or kitten darling. Sea world, can't get enough! I love it. But touching them is another story. They gross me out most of the time. I have probably been peed and pooped on too many times. (I guess Afton has done that to me as well, but she does where a diaper most of the time) Plus the licking of genitals! I think being allergic doesn't help either. Don't think less of me.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

O.k....whoever you are Kent, Kate & Afton, not only do I LOVE the name Afton, I totally don't judge you...I feel the exact same way... and Meradith, Lucy is so darn stinkin' cute & cosmopolitan that I can't even stand it...can't wait until I have a little girl!!!

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

As you already know Meradith... I hate cats. Back in the day Crystal's cat use to crawl all over me and even lick me. It totally grossed me out cause they have a prickly tongue, not like that of a dog. It would nestle its face in my hair and rub its body all over me. Although it was a different romantic love than a dog, I am pretty sure I hate them for the way they express it. But then again I am always looking to be a part of a "cool crowd" so maybe I am just looking for a way in :)..........

More importantly though, Lucy looks adorable! She looks so grown up with the headband in her hair. I love it!

Lauren said...

But Collard I really do hate cats because I saw this tells of the crypt where a cat crawled down this guys throat. But I am however a Meredith Collard person and her family so I don't think that you should be mad at me.
Love
Douglas

stacy h. said...

all i can think of when it comes to the collards and cats is Precious. :)

Unknown said...

Seriously, anytime you need someone just let me know! I do everything, one-time cleans, once a-month cleans, weekly and bi-weekly. I do standard and deep cleans too...so if you ever get stressed again let me know and I'll be over!

candicetheresa said...

Meradith. I hate cats! I do! And I am not going to give a reason!

So, these are some great pics. Looks like the photographer bug is catching you. Nice work.

Beautiful daughter. Trent is saying, "Lucy. Lucy. Lucy..." and staring at the computer. He loves his friend Lucy. He asked for her the morning after she left our house. So cute.

Hmmm...pretty much have an inability to be short-winded myself. You see evidence of that basically daily.

Come home now Bahama Mama.

Vanessa said...

Oh Meda... Oh Meda, I've been missing you Meda. And Lil Doof Coupe, I can't look at these pictures without breaking out it song and dance.

Bethany and I have been having a glorious time, but we've been pretending you're with us. Including you in our conversations. Referring to you when making plans for the day, "What do you think, Mera?" and crying out to you in the night.

Now, call me. And post some pictures. Don't hold out on me. I can't wait!