I'm feeling totally overwhelmed with this post and I'm barely getting started. I just don't have the energy to write about all that's been happening. We have been seriously busy. I know everyone says that. But they're all exaggerating. Because WE really HAVE been busy. Okay, maybe other people are busy too. But we're busier. Yes we are. Don't you argue with me.
Every time I sit down in peace and quiet (meaning all babies in house are slumbering) for more than 10 minutes, my eyes start to cross and I end up getting all surly and irritated because I hate the fighting sleep feeling more than anything. And then my husband comes in and tells me, "This blog post is going to be way too long! No one's going to read it!" So then I get even more irritated, and I have to bark something like, You think you know me!?? You don't even know me!! Then he tries to distract me more with, "Oh my gosh! This advertisement is for underwear called Booty Pop! It's a pair of panties with extra padding on the bum cheeks! haha!! You seriously need to look at this!" Either way, a surly mood is no mood to blog in, so by the time booty pop comes up, I'm usually shot and can't continue trying to post. That's a little of what's been happening every day this week. So the point is, I'm just throwing these pictures up here. I don't have a lot of time or energy to tell you about everything we've done, but it's been good!
A couple days after we got home from our week in St. George we headed up to my home town, Idaho Falls and spent a week there with my family. While I stayed behind in Idaho, my husband flew to Oklahoma and Denver on business. That's 4 days in a row of flights for him, because he met me back here in UT and the very next day we flew to Seattle. We got home Sunday from WA and Beth and the Kaakoush kiddies have been here and are here 'til Saturday. The party never ends! Don't be yealous!! Seriously though, Lucy's starting to break down a bit... A little too much late night party life and a little too many skipped naps introduces us to a very dangerous yet adorable psychopath. Actually, she really has held up like a champ considering all the hype. But she's teetering folks. Teetering...real close.
I didn't even unpack/repack suitcases between any of those trips. I've just been rotating the same outfits over and over again. And doing an occasional load of laundry. Very occasional. And doing my hair very occasionally, washing it much less.
First thing's first: Our week in Idaho. July 7-14th.
My mom managed to wrangle up this water slide to have in the back yard all week while all her grand babies were there staying. Who can just pull something like this together like a rabbit out of a hat? My mother. She was conducting some Craigs list business at a strangers house, (I believe smuggled lava rocks were involved) and noticed the slide all folded up in some corner. Then she had the gall to ask to borrow it. Then she convinced the owner to start up a business renting the thing out, telling him how much money he could be making on it. Only her. Thank heavens for my mommy. It was like cat nip.
Isaiah, Leah, Carson and Lucy. So much love.
Adults go to desperate measures to make little people laugh. Hip hip hooray for Meradith in pajamas dancing what I like to call "the crazy legs," for Leah. The worst part about this scene is the steely stare I was receiving in return for my moves. No appreciation. (P.S. Don't try to move like this at home. For a small price, I offer private dance lessons. But don't you dare try this without proper training.)
We took a lot of sisters pictures, and this one is one of my favorites. Mostly because the angle makes Bethany's hand look ultra carnie.
We may or may not have seen Eclipse twice whilst together. And brother Abe may or may not have come along the second time. And he may or may not have told us after the movie that he was so excited while watching that he nearly phased right there in the theater and started slapping people and punching their popcorn out of their hands.
Have you been to Bear World close to Rexburg? We heard it was overrated but we beg to differ! We were not disappointed! Not one bit.
Would you not be FREAKING out of this was happening on top of your car? What are you supposed to do? I've never heard any kind of instruction given as to what to do when a bear climbs onto your car and scratches the crap out of the paint. I'm pretty sure these people inside the car were playing dead. I would have been. Probably was the only thing to save the paint job, too.
Unlike Lucy, Leah is no goat enthusiast. Complete and utter disdain. I sorta understand her dislike...that baby goat was challenging her the entire time. They can sniff out fear anywhere.
"It wasn't me. It was the goat."
Tautphaus Park picnic and zoo. And that is indeed how it's spelled. But you pronounce it, kew-an-is. Weird, I know.
Baby boy Carson. Love him. Love that he says my name, "Meadow-wif." Never change Cars baby, never change.
If my beloved insists on making faces like this when the camera comes out, I insist on showing the world. The four of us sat here continuing to hoover after the masses had cleared.
Not sure why I'm making this face, but I'm pretty sure I thought it would be sexy at the time. Ness thought the same about her face. I kinda look like Katinka Ingabogovinanana.
Even nicer action shots of mother, especially that frisbee whizzing right over her head. You should have seen her spike the football down and do her TD dance during the game of tackle football that broke out after ultimate frisbee. We had to put an end to it and disqualify her when she started doing the worm. Too much taunting, mom.
First time we all got to go see Jesse's headstone together. Tears and closeness. I felt gratitude and heartbreak and an abundance of love.
Carson just kept saying, "This is where my daddy lives!" So excited to see his face. Can't wait to see that face again.
Love dat mommy
We took the kiddies down to the Greenbelt to feed the ducks one afternoon, and nearly got blown into the water. I almost forgot about that Eastern Idaho wind. We didn't take many pics. Vanessa looks like the fire starter in all of them with that crazy windblown mermaid hair of hers.
See what I mean?
Oh, and I have to include a few of this morsel. Scarlett is three months old today. Three months!! She is smiling and cooing up a storm and last Saturday she laughed for the first time. I was so overcome with jubilant emotion that I almost simultaneously headbutted the wall and punched Jason in the face. She is TOOOOOOOO much. Too much for words.
Stay tuned for Seattle pics, Lucy's birthday (this Friday) and much, much more folks! Prepare to have your minds blown!
































4 comments:
I have been waiting for your post ever since I saw Vanessa's post. Those pictures are the best!! I swear I haven't visited your blog 100x this morning- I just kept having to enlarge each and every picture to enjoy more thoroughly! That tracker must be removed or you will finally know once and for all the kind of stalker I really am ;) Your girls are looking so good. I cannot believe the schedule you can keep with that little newie born!! You are a trooper of the most extreme kind. I wish I could visit with all my cousins. I miss you guys. I told Ness that the Collards are good at making some ridiculously cute children. Glad to see you are having so much fun!! Love ya tons!
haha - "I was so overcome with jubilant emotion that I almost simultaneously headbutted the wall and punched Jason in the face" You are too much - a good, hearty laugh out loud too much. :)
I got pretty teary eyed seeing the picture of your sweet nephew over your brother's head stone. So tender.
I hope you're doing well.
Such great pictures! You weren't kidding .. you are SO busy! I should probably stop feeling sorry for myself for being so busy (or so I thought:-) You guys are such a beautiful family! I love the picture w/ everyone together ... I would love to have one of them of our family!!
Seems that your family is excellent at making baby girls while we are busy making boys!! We have 2 girls and 6 boys ... all the boys were born in a row. We are past due for another girly ~ although the boys are fab!!
So much to say! Your posts always make me laugh! And for the record, that was a sexy face, and yes, I would like some private dance lessons ;)
Your little girls, so stinkin cute!...can they date yet? Cuz I have a little boy I'd like to set them up with!
And booty pop underwear? Sign me up!
Post a Comment