When I've told people the last week or so, "Our sink fell out," no one can really grasp what I'm talking about. They're like, "Wait... I don't understand." and then there's a lot of confusing banter that goes back and forth and then I take so long trying to describe it that they usually have to confess that they've been zoning out and didn't hear a word I just said so I have to start all over from the beginning. Maybe that's what just happened to you while reading this paragraph, this very instant. Luckily, with just one photograph, no explanation necessary.
Has this happened to you? What about bathing in the sink when it falls out, has that? It's totally happened to me... a few times actually.
Yes, Lucy's favorite spot to bathe is our kitchen sink. It's perfect. Just her miniature size. She's right where I can keep an eye on her. However, I wouldn't have let her if I would've known it was fastened with Elmer's glue. No damage done, thankfully. Just a little scare for her and a few hurt feelings. And soiled drawers for her mommy.
Just look at her... staring down longingly... wondering how a trusted friend could betray her like that.
Apparently it didn't scar her very deeply. Because a week after we got this bad boy repaired, I leave the room for 5 seconds to get Scarlett and came back to the kitchen to find this. She scales the bar stools fairly easily. Fully clothed. Soaking wet. Thrilling. (Hopefully the repairman used something a little more effective than Elmer's this time around. Hopefully it was double sided tape or something.)
And then she cried when I took her out. Because her soaking wet clothes clinging to her made her a little chilly. Tough life, kid. She is trouble.
Speaking of trouble, Scarlett is 4 months old already. How did this happen? What happened to my teensie newborn? Aren't I still allowed to say I'm still recovering from labor? What year is it?
She is BEYOND scrumptious. Oh my word. I love this child.
11 comments:
OH my gosh these pics of your girls make me so excited for my other little love to come! I can't wait to dress them in matching clothes!! What the....you know what...about your sink. Ha haha, scary!
Holy Cow!! That is a crazy sink story! I'm glad Lucy has no residual scarring from the sink incident and is ready to plunge back in! We miss you!
How funny about the sink! And that last picture is adorable!
I am sorry but I had to laugh!!! my kids favorite place to bathe is also the kitchen sink! I am ALWAYS thinking in the back of my head, oh man I hope this thing doesn't fall through!
You girls are adorable. Love it and that baby is so freaking cute, I want a girl dang it!
oh my. i would freak! that pic of her in tears is so sad but so adorable :)
time for a phone call to your builder!!!
Seriously, your kitchen sink FELL out?!! That is insane!! I have never heard of that happening before!! Don't know how sturdy our sink is...so I think I'll just stick to putting Camden in the bathtub.
But seriously, your sink fell out?!
On a lighter note, those little girls are so stinkin cute!! I can't believe how much they look alike! Ya know Scarlett, I have a little boy that's just a few months older than you ;)
I just wish our sink was big enough to bathe Miles in. That is so crazy about the sink!Maybe they should use duct tape next time. j/k. Oh, and now that I've actually commented on your blog, you can come check ours out.
I haven't heard of that happening before either. Are you sure Jason hasn't been bathing in there?
p.s. please tell Jason I am sorry that Afton tried to to take his gum while it was still in his mouth, and thank you for being so kind to her.
Crazy...max has had a tough time lately, to...scaled the bed and was unfortunately not so lucky and split his forehead open & had to get stitches in the ER! Worst day of my life!!!
One day Lucy will be playing the "penny game" with a bunch of friends at a sleep-over. She'll say something to the effect of "a sink caved in to the floor while I was bathing in it--and I survived." All of her little friends will look at her, wide-eyed, and then put pennies in the pile. Lucy will win, and she will be rich too.
LOVE that last picture! Your girls are so beautiful! Can't believe the sink?? That's craziness, glad they used the double sided tape this time round ;)
Post a Comment