(Scucy=Scarlett+Lucy. And, I stole that blog title from my sister. I mean she's never said that about Scucy, but about Leah. Dang it. But I was the one that had a blog first. She totally copied me.)
Ahem. My girls are changing every single day. And I know you all think you're kids are growing up fast, but lemme tell ya, mine are growing up faster. I'm not changing at all. At least not in the progressive way. So maybe I should stop blabbing on about me so much. (I probably won't stop though, just so you know.)
First of all: Scarlett Marie. She hasn't had a whole lot of solo airtime on here. Her sister crowds in and doesn't go about it quietly might I add. I recorded every detail of Lucy's first year life it seems, and poor little Scarlett is just not getting the same spotlight. Because I'm so busy keeping Lucy out of my make-up and out of the toilet that it's hard for me to keep track. Sad. All you mothers of MTOB know what I'm saying. It's all happening too fast. Things are going 100 times faster with Scarlett than they did with Lucy. Seems like everything's been a blur since she was born. That's a blur of more than half a year.
Scarlett loves squash and peas. She hates her cereal. When she nurses, she vigorously tugs on and tries to knead her ears, and has given herself plenty of good scratches in the process. She is sitting up. She's also scooting all over the place, and rocks back and forth on her hands and knees all day long. She's interested in everything around her. She is so ticklish and laughs a lot. She is a happy happy baby with the most contagious smile. She shrieks and squeals all day long. She has a horrible cold right now, (she had one from the entire month of august as well) so we are waking up a lot at night, just like most do with their brand new babies. "Sleeping through the night" just is not the destination most think it is, is it? But at 2 AM, once I get her tiny nose all suctioned out and get her settled down again, she gives me the hugest smile that I can just barely make out with the moonlight coming in our windows. And it actually feels like a fair trade.
We had our box of Halloween goodies out a few weeks back and I came back into the family room to find this:
Lucy had to put each and every wig on her sister. Which is a lot, considering Jason has a serious wig fettish. I'm talkin' a collection of more than 50 super high-quality human hair wigs. Just kidding. Wouldn't that be creepy?
Lucy is a handful. I really feel like I'm on candid camera sometimes with her. Like someone is playing a serious prank. We are potty training in our house. When she has her occasional accident, she sympathetically says, "poor big girl panties," because she knows they don't like to be peed in. When they are cinderella panties or minnie mouse panties, she'll say, "poor sinna rella..." in her saddest voice, because Cinderella is another who does NOT like to be peed or pooped on. She counts and says the letters of the alphabet all day long, and when she sees uppercase letters in her books, she says, "Mommy A!" and for lowercase she yells, "Ohh baby A! Cute!" in an adoring voice. She's also started casually and smugly saying, "No," to the requests I make to her, like "No, but thanks for asking mom," which is REALLY adorable, trust me. Lucy, come sit at the table. "No." Lucy, let's get into pajamas. "No." Lucy can you go get your shoes so we can go bye-bye? "No." I count to 10 in my head. 1,000 times a day. Stinker.
She's in a big girl bed now but neither naptime nor bedtime has become any easier. How do you keep them in bed when they hear freedom calling? I've been laying with her until she falls asleep, which I have a love/hate relationship with. I do love the extra snuggling and lullabies, I'm not gonna lie. I told Jason choking back tears the other day that, "Someday sooner than we think, she's not gonna want us to stay with her til she falls asleep! She's gonna be shooing us out of her room! And you'll wish she was asking you to stay like she does now!" Then crying I dramatically ran and flung myself onto my bed and immediately fell asleep.
They have that kind of effect on me.
In other exciting news: The American Fork location of Coney's had it's grand opening last weekend. We are thrilled. And speaking of, hungry.
And now they're both waking up from their naps, so I have to go. They get in cahoots with each other about this kind of thing.
2 comments:
I happen to be the Scucy enthusiast fanclub president. Athankyou. OH OH OH little Scarly with her wee little perfectly groomed penciled in little eye brows! And lil' Doof Coupe with her wee little hands squeezing Scarly's wee little face, trying to discover the secret for those wee little perfectly groomed penciled in little eye brows! I yuv them so much!
I guess the only other question I have is WHO is wearing the crown at the coney's grand opening?? I didn't know you were going to have real life CELEBS there!!
Teacup Piggies!
Congratulations on Coney's! Those girls are still so pretty:)
Post a Comment