Thursday, April 21, 2011

Little Scarlett Marie, (Ahem)

How are you already a year old? How did it happen? In the Book of Mormon, Jacob writes that "the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream..." I feel what he's saying right now. So much. This year has been a dream. It's all passing so quickly.

-You are charismatic and charming. You are a total flirt.
-We laugh so much together. You and I are great friends. Your sister makes you laugh so much as well. You are little besties.
-You love to wave and give kisses (and your dad requests them roughly 300 times a day).
-You are so affectionate and snuggly.
-You are a mama's girl. You say mama and hi all the time.
-National averages tell us you are a bit more petite than the average little lady, even though you came into the world barely under a full two pounds bigger than your sister.
-You have the longest eye lashes and when I first met you I couldn't get over all your dark hair... which you also love because you rub your food all over in your hair like it's nobody's business. --I'm slightly relieved to see that you don't seem to be quite as mischievous and busy as your sis (but we are not placing bets on that yet).
-You have the most adorable squeal when you laugh and the most grating happy high pitched shrieks. And they last way longer than anyone ever expects. Honestly, I have no idea how you have the long capacity you do.
-You are ridiculously ticklish. Pillsbury dough-boy style.
-You are so joyful. FULL of joy. And I am even more joyful to be the mother you were sent to for your time here on earth.
This day was one of the happiest of my life. I am so thankful for this day.
Happy Birthday baby girl! Please stop growing so you can always try to crawl up my body to get into my arms.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Scarlett! And congrats Mama! I can't believe it's already been a year...time does fly! She is just adorable and I think she and Lucy look SOOO much alike! Isn't it just the best watching the sister relationship develop!? I love it :) Miss you girl!

Anonymous said...

P.S. This is Ashley Giddings....I'm on Paul's computer.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I agree, they need to stop growing so fast. She is such a doll Meradith. You need to have a bunch more.