Isn't the 4th of July the BEST? I love the nostalgia that goes along with it. Summertime barbeques, being with family and friends, and who doesn't love the fireworks? We just got back in town from good ol Idaho Falls and it was a great time, the show never disappoints there on the falls. As soon as we sat down on our blanket, this friendly older chap behind us leaned up and said, "Let me tell ya a story guys. 35 years ago today on this very spot, right after the fireworks, we rushed over to the hospital because my wife went in to labor," and then he chuckled, patting me on the back. People are so funny. Luckily, all that excitment didn't phase the wee one, and strangely enough (I know most women are really so ready to get on with it) I am more than happy to let her bake in there for a few more weeks!
Anyway, Happy Birthday America! Every fourth I get a little misty. It always makes me think of when I was in Paraguay on my mission, how it became a regular occurance for me to get into the shower and sing the national anthem as loud as I could, hand over heart, tears running down my face because I just missed you so much and felt so proud of you. I truly love you.
Abe (my brother) and Tiff leave with their kiddies tomorrow for Pennsylvania, he is going to med school out there. Makes me sad but happy for them too. I loved being at my parents place with all of them, even if it was for just a couple days. I also love going home to be babied. Isn't it weird when you get around your mom it's like you completely forget you're a grown up? All of a sudden your domestic abilities are totally handicapped and you don't know how to do anything? At least it's that way for me, especially at 9 months prego. I love you so dearly mom, you really are the world's greatest.
Here are a couple shots of our holiday....
We went to Tiffany's grandpas house and had a big barbeque over there. Jason and I tossed around the football and for some reason he thought it was extra hilarious that I was throwing the football with him in my condition. So, my dad got a few really unflattering action shots, including one of me in the Heisman (I will spare you that one in particular).
Waiting for the fireworks to start... struggling for air. (They tell you not to lay on your back for extended periods of time but stretching it out is worth being a little out of breath once in a while.) The night was perfect, perfect temperature, perfect company and perfect surroundings!
This is one of my favorites. My mother is the most random collector on earth, and frequents yard sales looking for the world's most random stuff to buy and cart home with her. Not too long ago, she found a whole collection of pogs... and bought the whole thing. Why? No one is quite sure, but she does take pride in being the world's best grammy so I believe that has something to do with it. (And yes, in fact we went early this morning and yes I did make a few great purchases! I spent SEVEN whole dollars! Love those yard sales!) Anyway, she found these incredible hulk gloves, which happen to include sound effects when you punch something with them on. What can I say, Jason fell in love at first sight and when we had to go today I pretty much had to pry them off of him kicking and screaming. I promised him a shaved ice if he gave them back to mom, and that seemed to subdue him for the time. Look at the little lad, snoozing away with his new favorite toy! He really did fall asleep like this... the pic is not even posed. He's so fierce! This is why nobody messes with me!




11 comments:
I get Misty on the fourth as well. I hope you were more comfortable than I was on the fourth! Something about the third child makes everything more difficult! I had no idea you went on a mission, that is so awesome, I have always wanted to go on one but I started my family slightly early. You are the cutest Prego woman ever I swear! Good luck these next few weeks, and try to get plenty of zzzzz's.
Glad that you had such the fun weekend! The 4th is the best holiday ever! ...and yes...you are the hottest prego woman ever! 21 days and counting...
I agree with the love of America! You are such a cute pregnant lady! Only a little while left. I was the same because I was content to let Alli stay inside as long as she wanted to. No rush :)
i must say.. you look ravishing my lady. glad you had such a wonderful 4th.. its my fav
Oh my goodness... Eric is So JEALOUS!!! I think if he had been at your parent's house he would have tried to buy them off of your mom!
Mera check your email...also I love the new pics you look beautiful.
And WHY didn't I know you would be in town...JERK! I haven't seen your family in so long and I want to see them they used to be my second family back in the day ...REMEMBER:) anyway check your email and get back to me.
how are you feeling mer? hang in there!!!
Those pictures are awesome. You look so good! I just got your invite to the baby shower on Saturday but we will be out of town. I am way bummed. I was wondering if I could still drop by a small gift. Could you e-mail or call me with your address so I can drop it off? m8young@gmail.com. Thanks! Enjoy the shower!
you're a beauty. enough said.
Is that cute baby almost here!!??? Any day now huh? How are you feeling? I am so excited for you!
Oh my gosh, your baby is going to be here anytime! Any names yet???
Post a Comment