Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ok Christi... you asked for it and now I'm gonna give it to you!

Before I get to the tag... no this is not our baby. I will admit myself into a mental institution if the child in my belly comes out this size, and I'd probably be a vegetable for life. Look at those thighs!! Nessa's milk does a body good!! I cannot resist these most recent pics of Leah Mae. Sometimes I curse out loud when I look at these pictures because she is soooo too much to handle. I'm so excited for her little cousin to get here!!



Four random things I like about my husband-

(Ok I apologize before even starting this tag because this first area of discussion will be the meat of this post. Sometimes it feels like I'll only respond to tags when I can talk about him. Why am I so obsessed with the stinkin hub? It's embarrassing sometimes and I feel like I need to hold back a little so you aren't gagging, but man... I freaking love that guy.)

1. He is SUCH a big kid. Most people would be really surprised to see how extreme that side of him is because typically he has to be so poised and professional. I freaking adore this about him. I would go nuts if he wasn't this way. Here is an example to prove my point: this was in March at Chuck E. Cheese... my sis was in town with her 4 kids so we all went and I think Jason had more fun than anyone... he even beat my 7 year old niece in a game of air hockey, and though she was crying, he walked away feeling particularly good about himself. (haha she wasn't really crying, in fact I don't think he beat her... I do remember it being a pretty heated match though.) Anyway, when you say "pull a funny face," Jason spares nothing. He doesn't just purse his lips or raise an eyebrow like most people do. Admit it, you know you're sortof afraid to make a really heinously ugly face and catch it on film. Most pretend like they don't even know how to pull a truly UGLY face. Well, not Jason. He said he almost popped a blood vessel in his face while holding this one.




2. While he has plenty of natural child in him, he is not a video game junkie. Nowhere close. We have none in our home and don't ever plan on it. Quick story for you, I hung out with this guy (who was 5 years older than me by the way) in my single years, (the interest in him lasted about 2.3 seconds) who invited me over to his place where I proceeded to sit on his couch and watch him and his absolutely mind-numbing roomates play Halo. I left while they were still playing, irritated beyond belief. The worst part was, I woke the next morning to see that I had recieved a text at like 4 in the morning saying ,"We just got done playing... what are you doing?" OH MY GOSH ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? Needless to say, we did not advance beyond that point. All I know, I grew up playing Peter Pan and the lost boys up in the branches of my grama's birch trees with all the neighbor kids, using my imagination and crazy as it sounds, developing social skills with others! I don't think an occasional game is a big deal, and I don't mind that Jason jumped on the Wii once with our nephews while we were in the mountains at our family retreat, but seriously, people let video games and computer games run their lives. I hear about these husbands that stop going to work and play video games for 30 hours straight and it leaves me absolutely dumbstruck. I also don't think there is anything more embarrassing to see at an airport than a dad who is sitting with his entire family completely absorbed in his little hand held device while his children and wife are trying to interact with him. Leaves me beyond cold. Jason feels like it is an exorbitant waste of time, and I am right along with him. I'm so glad he feels that way.

3. He is a sensitive and emotional man, as is my dad. This was an important attribute for me to find. He has a tender heart for others and the most tender heart set aside for me. I cry at the drop of a hat, especially lately... like yesterday when I heard an ambulance siren close by and knew Jason was driving home from work. Oh the irrationality. Or the fact that I have welled with tears a few times merely writing this stinkin post! But sometimes, it's not irrational at all to cry, in fact, so very appropriate, needed, and all the more memorable. Our wedding day was a bawl fest for the both of us, as was the day I told him I was pregnant. I'm sure glad he is secure enough in his masculinity to let it out when he needs to. His manliest moments ever.

4. He has no shred of a temper. Like none at all. To this day, the most upset I've ever seen him was when our friend Dave (sorry to throw you under the bus DC) accidentally left the tickets to the Las Vegas bowl in the hotel room, and we didn't realize til we got all the way to the stadium. And even then, once we drove all the way back to the strip and then all the way back to the stadium again, having missed most of the first quarter, we were laughing about it within the hour. I dated some definite hot heads in my day and it was a complete disaster. Used to be a fun little game of mine to test people's breaking points, I know I'm rotten. Didn't we girls all do that? Sometimes even now I catch myself trying to push my hubby's buttons when I am in the mood for a little sparing, because I am a brat, and am amazed at how easily and effortlessly he controls himself. He deals with and for years has delt with situations and people in his professional life that would push the majority of men over the edge (as we see that it often does, because he himself has been the subject of many irrational temper tantrums) yet always maintains his composure and professionalism. I'm so grateful for this characteristic in him as a husband and father, he is cool as a cat and it is a huge blessing in my life.

Four jobs that I have had-

1. Through high school I worked at Apple Athletic Club in Idaho Falls and absolutely loved loved loved the boys! Yes, girls... working at a gym had it's benefits... in high school. I was so over that scene by the time I got to college. Worked at Golds down here for 3 months when I was 19 and wanted to slit my wrists every single day. 2. Lead female vocalist in a Jazz band, did that for 2 years. I couldn't believe I got paid to sing in front of audiences, so so fun!! 3. Office staff at a dental office (zzzzzzzzz). 4. Student Services Coordinator at the University of Phoenix in Provo.

Four T.V. shows that I watch-

Honestly, I'm not just saying this... my hub will testify. We NEVER watch TV. Everytime I maybe want to do a little channel surfing when I'm home alone, I have to call him to figure out how to turn the stupid thing on (we have three remotes and I despise all three equally). That's only happened twice in the history of our marriage. It's actually so extreme that it's to the point that it has socially ostracized me. All the sudden at dinner with girlfriends they will start talking about Grey's Anatomy or some other show and I just can't follow. I just have to awkwardly put my head down and try not to draw attention to myself. Sometimes I want to be able to add to their convos... and actually have an opinion about what will happen next and who will go behind who's back and sleep with who. But I guess that desire is not enough for me to change my ways. I will say that once the seasons of The Office are on DVD, we do buy them and love them dearly. I'm stoked to watch Season 4, I only saw one episode on TV by chance! However, I can't get myself to build my schedule around what time it is on each week, nor can I find the sanity in paying for Tevo... or is it Tebo? Call me crazy. And Jenna, I know this has been a huge barrier in our friendship. I can only be grateful that you've been able to look past it and love me regardless. That's what true friendship is all about. I'm a big fan of Seinfeld as well, (who the heck isn't), and we catch a very occasional Scrubs, which is in reality so stupid that it's funny, and... hmmm... does watching the Jazz road games count as a TV show? There, I said it... there's four.

Four places I have been-

1. Paraguay (mission) 2. Costa Rica (honeymoon) 3. Europe (all over England, France and Italy- last pre-pregnancy big extranvaganza!! In fact, Jason wanted to concieve while there so we could name the baby Paris or something... but I just can't hang with that Hilton ho. I got pregnant VERY soon after the trip though!) 4. Whistler, Canada. One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

Four people who e-mail me regularly-

1. My aunt Linda. Though I can't say she really personally emails me. She is the QUEEN of junk forwards. 2. One of my dearest friends Maria Suarez. She lives in Buenos Aires Argentina, was one of my mission companions. 3. hmmm, my sister Vanessa? Though I talk to her on the phone on average about 3 hours a day, she does indulge me by sending pics of mini queenie Leah. 4. My girl Tamra Case in AZ. She is also a bit of a junk forward queen. I like hers though because they are usually pretty good ones.

Four of my favorite foods-

1. Thai!! Masman chicken curry and sticky rice... what what!? 2. Indian Food! oh my goodness Chicken Tikka Masala and lamb coconut korma 3. Sushi, which no I have not been completely deprived of during pregnancy. I cannot eat raw stuff, but yes I can enjoy various rolls at Happy Sumo. I love wasabi so much. 4. Anything my mom and dad make. And it's just not the same when I make it the exact same way they do. Isn't that the same for everyone? Don't we call that soul food? I'm not talking soul food soul food... like fried chicken and corn bread...which I have no problem stuffing down the gullet... but I'm talking more about the food that you grew up on that brings you so much comfort? Man my moms and pops have definitely got the master's touch in the kitchen! I can't wait for you to get here Mama mia!

Four places that I would like to visit-

1. Machu Pichu. Next major trip will be there we're thinking! 2. Another Europe round. Spain, Greece, Switzerland, Germany... etc. 3. The Sacred Grove and New York, New York... still haven't been! I really just wanna sing the song... "Start spreadin the news..." My bro just moved out to Pennsylvania so we'll have a good excuse to head to the northeast thank goodness! 4. Singapore. I heard it's super clean and pretty unbelieveable. Jamaica, Great barrier reef or the Grand Caymen is on the list too, we both dive and I hear diving there in unreal.

Four things I am looking forward to in the next year-

1. This little pea has been resting so comfortably in her pod long enough. She will hopefully be making her way out within the next week, so I guess that's included in the next year. I just wanna see her face! What the heck does she look like already?! 2. hmmm. hard to see very far past the birth of this babe into the next year. Actually, I have two classes to finish this fall and will graduate this December! Yes maam, I are going to be a college graduate. 3. The annual NorthStar cruise, we're going to Cabo again. It is always a complete freaking riot. I love it so much and love that we do it every year, because "we have to for work." 4. Might sound lame, but landscaping our yard! It's going to be so beautiful when it's done! I'm trying to hold Jason off til next spring to really jump on that project but he is a wee bit antsy.

Four people that I TAG!!!
hmmm I'll throw some names out there... Brandi Mae, Stacy, Court, Dave Carlile, and Vanessa. (Dave since you are a bachelor, you can just write 4 things you love about MY husband on that first part. hehe). Again, Ness I know you don't have a blog but dang it! Stop resisting my heckling! If I keep tagging you maybe you will have an overwhelming sense of guilt and get your act together.

4 comments:

Kate Call said...

what sweet things you said about your husband! you make sure you have him read these!! i had jeremy read this post because it was so so sweet. i don't know jason very well, but have always thought he was really nice, but after reading these things i really do have a whole new view on him. sounds like you are a lucky little lady.. and we all know he is very lucky also.

katie said...

i had a slight heart attack for you when i saw that baby pic...can you even imagine if....???
i have heard it to happen...12 lbs later!

stacy h. said...

leah is SO adorable. i can't believe i haven't seen her in person.

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Miss Meradith...I heard from Jenna several hours ago that your water broke- so I imagine at this point you are experiencing the joys of labor pains and at any moment you will finally be holding your precious bundle of joy! Just wanted you to know, whenever you get this, that I am thinking of you! Hope all is going well! And congratulations!