Ok, well Lucia turned one month old yesterday. And it's kinda depressing, I'm not gonna lie. I just wish I could freeze time, I feel like she is changing every day right before my eyes. I keep having visions of Jason and I singing those songs from Saturday's Warrior wondering where the time went and what happened to our little girl... "The years have come like summer dew upon the grass... the little girl who held our hand who walked so fast... There was a time she loved us the way we love her now.... but growin' up has changed it all somehow. Didn't we love her? Didn't we raise her well?"... and then of course there's, "Lucy... we love you, that's all we have to offer. Lucy we need you... please don't turn us away..." (Ok admit it I know the majority of you were singing those songs as you read along. By the way the song at the beginning makes me bawl my eyes out- "Who are these children coming down?" Oh man it's a goody.) And whenever I have those visions I have to snap myself out of it! No Mera stop! She's NOT going to be a rebellious teen! She's NOT going to turn her back on her family and run away with punk hooligans!! When I've been able to chase all those new mother fears away, I have loved and will continue to love every moment of her little life.
So we had a little photo shoot on Friday. Here are some of the pics we've seen so far, we can't stop looking at them, can't get enough. And we can't wait to see the rest! Amy is amazing by the way, (the photographer we found). Go here to look at more of her stuff, she is so so great and we had a most fabulous time! Happy one month little Lucy, the light of our lives!!










17 comments:
Your pictures turned out adorable! I am so glad that you used Amy she is the sweetest person alive! I am adding you to our family blog. The girls will for sure have to all play together!!
My heart is bursting right now... I just ripped my shirt off, Hulk style. Mera. I'm coming there in two days and mark my words, we're going to have the best time of your life. I can't get over these pics! The one where she is folded over in your hand looks like Jason.... when he used to sit in your hands like that... I love them!
i don't know why you guys were worried that you maybe didn't get good pictures...they are so fabulous! i love the one where's she yawning (or screaming i guess, but i'm going with yawning) and you're holding her mer. they are awesome pictures!!
Your pictures are beautiful. She is such a pretty baby! Happy one month!!!
Of course you would have the best pictures!!! You are so cute,..oh wait...I forgot...we're friends OFF since you didn't come to the reunion!!! Just kidding, We love you!!
What beautiful pictures! Little Lucy looks like a china doll. And of course, you look incredible. Can't wait to see more!
I know exactly how you feel. Time really does go way to fast, but all we can do is raise them right and teach them from our mistakes. She is beautiful. You are absolutely glowing in those pictures!
Meradith are you kidding me...those pictures are amazing. I love the tea cup. What a creative idea. I am glad you are enjoying her so much, you are a great mom!
Oh my goodness she is darling! I love the one of her yawning--so cute!
By the way, I have all the Saturday's Warrior songs memorized because I was actually in the musical production that they did in the 80's at Vine Street Theatre. So, you're right, those songs are great--some of them are true classics! The kid who played Jimmy in my production ended up doing the movie too--so I even know a celebrity from the show...I know, you're speechless.
Anyway, Lucia is a doll--so gorgeous. She is a mix but I definitely see some Jason in there--something about her eyes.
Glad to see you're doing so well and loving motherhood.
love jill
beautiful! so happy for you guys
I love, love those pictures! The tea cup is a great idea!
I too would like a cup of Lucy! Oh man I want to just snuggle her up! She is seriously adorable Mera I can see both of you in her.
Don't you just love that naked little bum bum. Seriously try to freeze this little baby in time because all of the sudden you have a toddler that has attitude:) Man being a mom rocks and you look like such a natural. Also that is so funny you are worried about her being rebellious she will be nothing but a little sweet heart I just know it!
Those pics are seriously the cutest things I have ever seen! I love the tea cup!! We just changed our blog to private so email me your email address at jsilver5@mymail.slcc.edu and I will send you an invite!
Absolutely wonder full. Full of it. Beautiful. I know what it's like to not be able to stop looking at something...my son! Thank heaven for motherhood.
she's beautiful and perfectly dainty :)
What amazing photos! I love the teacup one. How time does fly -- though I think you ought to find other songs that express it better. Try "Sunrise, sunset" or "Sabbath Prayer." Fiddler on the Roof is so much less guilt-inducing. Plus there's no punk rockers.
Aaron said you blessed Lucy today. I'm so sorry I missed it. Such a wonderful experience. You're doing a great job!
Okay so I am not trying to comment on everything, but those pictures are amazing too, who did you use??? She looks like you I think. But I love tea cup picture and the yawning one too. anyways.
Post a Comment