Wednesday, September 10, 2008

La vida es bella

After feeling sorry for myself for part of the day last Thursday, my birthday turned out to be really great! I know most of you have been on pins and needles wondering if I snapped out of it or not, and I did. Jason took me up to Sundance that night for dinner, it was really wonderful.
He took me up there once when we first started dating but this was the first time we were back since then. I love to remember those fond memories. My oh my how life changes so fast. It's pretty unbelieveable. Blows my mind actually. Lucy snoozed away ever so peacefully next to us so we not only had dinner together, it turned out to be a romantic (woo woo!) dinner together.

Who says romance is over when you have a baby!? What's not romantic about poopy diapers in the middle of the night?! What's not romantic about lending your wife's bod in every way imaginable to this new little person 24 hours a day?! What's not romantic about me still not showered and smelling like spit up when Jason gets home from work?! I don't know about you, but we are completely overflowing in the romance department. Like.. so much romance we have no idea what to do with it all! We'll probably start teaching a couples seminar pretty soon I'll let you know when you can sign up and what the enrollment fee will be.

Haha... all joking aside, being a parent is the absolute greatest. I can't imagine anything in this life that could be so fulfilling and rewarding. She makes me swoon continually and to those of you who are new mothers, don't you feel like you love your child more than any other mother ever has loved her child? Don't you feel like, "Yeah, I know they are big fans too... but no one else really feels about their tiny tot the way I feel about mine." I thought the same thing when Jason and I were newlyweds. I thought no one was in love as much as we were. I still feel like that but I won't try to one-up people or anything when they say they are really in love. I usually just believe them:)

We left for Bear Lake the next morning and that was a lot of fun too. It's pretty much like one big happy family at NorthStar! It was just the managers and not their wives, boo hoo...(which left me asolutely pining for you to those wives who are reading this.. you know who you are.) Jess, Lucia and I were completely outnumbered but it was a much needed break. I realized it's really hard for me to relax at home because all of the things I should or could be doing are swarming around my head like houseflies. It was nice to get away and to NOT have the option to do housework or organize. We stayed at an AWESOME lodge and while I passed on the wave-riding (it was seriously 60 degrees!) one of my favorite highlights was riding these rhinos...
Had to get the before and after shots of the hair.

This is how most of our boys came back...

Here is Mike on the right and on the left we have... dang it! I knew which one you were when we were riding! Paul and Josh are identical twins and get strangely irritated when they are called the other's name. I happen to think that being "identical" twins implies that people have the freedom to call you either name, interchangeably. Or both. I wanna say it's Josh but for now, here is Mike and Posh. (ya know, like Bennifer? Ash or Cass, tell me whose husband this is.) These two actually tipped their rhino onto it's side off the trail, and apparently Jason and I went soaring on past them when it happened. Don't know how we missed them haha. They were lucky they didn't break an arm or something. Boys can be a bit dangerous when given free reign with motorized vehicles, but luckily everyone came back safe and sound. You know how I worry, you boys are like sons to me.

7 comments:

The Giddings said...

That is Paul. I know because I forbade Josh to ride with Mike or Ryan Alspach. Mike is a crazy driver and I don't have personal driving experience with Ryan, but I just know that he said it takes 45 minutes to get from Austin to San Antonio...it takes me like, twice as long. Sorry, Ryan. Haha. Thanks to you and Jason for the retreat. Josh had a great time. Can't wait to meet that beautiful little girl of yours!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

Your post on motherhood made me laugh! It is all so true. It looks like you guys had so much fun! I wish we could be more spontanious. It gets trickier after three children. I am in need of some serious VACA!!!!

Court and Brade said...

yay! I knew that Jason would come through in the end and you would have a good birthday!!! :)

Unknown said...

We went ATVing last weekend too! Why didn't we go together.
Mera what the heck...come back to Idaho my bff you! I miss ya. I will take care of Lucy while you shower and shave:)

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Well I see that Cassie already clarified for you that it's my hubby...Paul. Once you spend more time with them I promise you'll be able to tell them apart. And I should have forbade Paul to ride with Mike too like Cassie did because at the end of that ride Paul had some fabulous battle wounds to prove Mike is a crazy driver.
Glad to see your birthday did end up a good one. See you in a few weeks!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Happy Birthday, glad you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good birthday! love bear lake!