This blog is hilarious! One of my good friends forwarded it to me a while back (Shout out to you DC!). It really will make you laugh. I asked my sister if she had heard of it and she acted like it was the most stupid (or stupidest, whichever it is) question in the world. It was like asking her if she had ever heard of George Bush or something. "EVERYONE knows about that blog." I can hear her words in my head right now. She was way offended at my implication that she was not in "the know" and I had to cut the conversation short. I basically hung up on her. Conversations seldom get awkward between my sister and me, but it was awkward. So I apologize now if you have been reading it for months already, and I am soooo behind on the times. If you haven't heard of it, check it out. You'll get a kick out of it. Guaranteed the blog of at least one person you know will come to mind.
Salt Lake Tribune's Culture Vulture said of it: "An astutely sharp" and "wickedly dead-on spoof of the suddenly trendy married Mormon blog phenomenon."
So yes, it's making fun of all of us bloggers. Especially here in the Utah valley. During my convo with Nessa, she told me they have some friends who refuse to become bloggers. They refuse to join the bandwagon because she, the wife in the couple, says it's just a way for pretentious people to try to make their lives out to be so much greater than they actually are. She says we bloggers just want to brag about our TOTALLY AWESOME lives and all of our AMAZING trips around the world. We casually post pictures standing in front of our huge houses, or someone's huge house... with the neighbor's range rover or other things of the sort in the background. We wanna make sure the whole world knows how sickeningly in love we are and how our hubby poos really are just FLAWLESS. Oh and let's not get started on our babies!! Though we undoubtedly all have seen blogs that include everything above that I have mentioned, and have had our own moments of participating in such events, I just think she's wrong.
No, no... blogging is so SO much more girlfriend! and YOU are missin out!
I don't think I paint an unrealistic picture of myself in my blog posts. And just for additional proof that I don't sugarcoat everything, I will tell you I am totally annoyed at my husband right now. Call me crazy but I actually still get really excited to see him when he comes home. I'm not usually an overly needy wife. But every once in a while, I'm forced to throw a tantrum because I just want him to turn the phone off, turn the computer off, clear his mind and think only about how irresistible I am. I have told him that when I stop caring if he gives me attention we are in big trouble, because for heaven's sake a woman's got needs and he should be rejoicing that I want him to meet them!
So, I know he's "tired" when he comes home from work, (even though he has a solid 12 hour nights sleep every single night and his sleeping habits haven't changed whatsoever in the last two months.) but, really? Can you spruce yourself up a bit and have some energy for your wife? We watched the vice presidential debates tonight, which was fine, and then he just HAD to tune into the U of U football game, (let me remind you, there is no talking between us during these events) which was whatever, and then he comes into our bedroom at 10:30 to say, "Hey, I just really wanted to listen to those things... that's all." Oh ok so now you're saying you're all mine? Except then he proceeds to skirt himself back out to the TV to probably watch ESPN for a bit longer... to see the highlights of the games.... So now it's quarter to midnight and he's just come into bed and here I am forehead creases and all.
And folks, I just looked over at him, he's been laying in bed next to me for 30 seconds...not a word has been spoken... and it appears he is soundly asleep. Are you serious? Now I will wake him up with no hesitation and ask him what his freaking problem is. Poor chap probably has no idea truly how grave his series of errors have been and that he is about to be ravaged.
Ok I like totally love you all!! BFF's! Goodnight!
9 comments:
My SIL refuses to get a blog, she says the same thing. Everyone is out there to make themselves look perfect according to her. No way, I love it. I love the story you posted, you know youve got a great marriage when you can openly talk about things like that. So funny!
Can I just say...are our husbands brothers??? I would have warned you had I known how much they were alike when it comes to sports (and pregame and postgame shows, and post postgame shows, etc.) :)
ok mera, i'm glad you put it back on HAHA HA HA! love it girl. Thanks for the encouragement via text the other day... WORTH it!!! It will be worth it :) I know it will be but I was REALLY sick that day and I was tired of it ha
well there you go...you know that my blog/life is proof that their belief IS NOT VALID!?!
...and though this blog is hilarious, sometimes i'm annoyed at it for making fun of something that some of us really do with true emotion!
fine! it's still hilarious
I love "forehead creases and all"! Maybe that's way I getting all wrinkly up there:) Glad to know we are all in the same boat at times!
That's hillarious!!! I totally hate that about people's blogs...talk about denial much?!? HAHAHAHA!!!
I'm so in love with this. Way to spell it out. Should we start a club? 'Needy wives that never thought we would be needy but look at us now' Club. I am glad you gave him the forehead creases, but hmmmm...doesn't look like it changed his mind about his actions. There is nothing worse than to give the forehead creases and then hear snoring. Oooooh...NOW I'M MAD!
Meradith, you make me laugh so hard! and I am needing a laugh right now! Let's get together.
Ok, you made me cry - the laughing type.
Post a Comment