Lucia started out as a pumkin yesterday. She didn't look much like a pumkin to me though, she just looked like a little gangster. I tried to spruce it up with clipping the flower on the beanie but it really didn't help much. Doesn't she look like she's from the hood? My sister said the orange kinda looks like a prison jumpsuit. haha.
Jason liked this one more. We found this little "Wiggle Worm" suit at Taylor Made Thursday night, and we couldn't resist. I promise it will get more fun to dress up for you in years to come Lucy. She wasn't really too thrilled with it all. Poor little worm.
Jason thought it would be funny to greet the trick-or-treaters like this, but took the mask off after a family in our ward with their three adorable tiny girls left horrified. I'm not gonna lie I was pretty creeped out too.

For the evening out, our first stop was Dave and Allyson's place. Amazing home made doughnuts and home made root beer. Thanks you guys! Then we went to Stacy and Jodee's party, loved the costumes you guys. So funny. Sadly, Jason's Captain Hook costume was rented almost as quickly as he returned it, so we had to improvise and recycle our Grease get-ups. I felt like Sandy most of the night except when standing next to Stacy, upon which I promptly realized I looked more like RuPaul. See what I mean below. I should have stuffed pillows in the tush and put a little more bronzer on. Dang it! There's always next year. Thanks for such a fun time girls!
P.S. if you were wondering where my personality went on this post, the laundry sucked it right out of me. I've been trying to be lively, but really, I got nothing here. I think the need to simplify my life is ever more present, and here I am with only one baby. How do moms stay on top of it all? From now on I will be rotating the same three outfits and requiring everyone in my household to do the same. Anyway, I am sitting here from our bedroom listening to my husband watch the BYU game in the family room... with every shout he gives the TV, Lucy startles and starts crying, he apologizes over and over again in his softest Daddy voice, gets her calmed down... just in time to yell obscenities again. It's happened 3 or 4 times now. I can't say I'm not slightly amused. I better go rescue her and see what all the fuss is about. Happy Halloween!















10 comments:
ha! i forgot about rupaul, but was pleasantly surprised to see a picture of her/him!
love that you guys go all out and dress up to the max!
lucy's costumes are fabulous.. and her face is so so sweet! she is getting so big.. we haven't seen you guys forever!
Oh, Lucy looks so cute! Kaelyn said that your husband looks like Dave from Alvin and the Chipmunks .. he he! She kept trying to get a better look at him. (I think his name is Jason Lee in real life.)
You guys looked great in your costumes.
Happy Halloween!!
You make a cute blonde meredith! It's always fun to visit your blog and read your posts--you are a great writer and always make me laugh--especially the post about the singing frog.
Lucia was a darling little wiggle worm. Miss you guys.
maybe lucy was upset because you laid her down on the deck?? :) oh, each picture i see i realize that costume may have been a mistake. especially the wig! hahaha, so ugly. i am glad you came. i am going to IF this week for a few days. want to come?
I love your costumes! So cute!
Love little LOUIE'S worm costume, it is TOO cute!!!
Very cute costumes! Love the bright colors for the glowworm.
But if you only wear three outfits, doesn't that mean you'll have to do laundry every other day? =P
lucy looks so cute! looks like halloween didn't dissapoint! love reading about everyones halloween!
The only "natural" blonde in these pictures looks the worst! What was I doing there?! oh well, at least i have a fabulous hat. SO glad you guys came! You are great partiers and i just adore you.
oh, and laughing MY GUTS OUT about jason not only explaining the breast pump in spanish but also holding it up for examination...
That costume is to die for. I wish I could have been there for the Frankman party.
Post a Comment