Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Nearly everybody gets twitterpated in the springtime"

I was elated this morning. Laying in bed, still dark outside... something woke me up and I couldn't quite figure out what it was. I thought it was maybe the smoke detector for a minute. But the sounds had too irregular of a rhythm. Then a few more moments passed and much to my utter and complete JOY I realized it was the chirping of birds! Is Spring really just around the corner?? Are birds really chirping in the trees behind our house? Are the animals coming out of hiding and are they twitterpated?? Hallelujah!

Now, I don't want to get everyone too excited, snow is headed our way this weekend. But the changing of the seasons is my absolute FAVORITE. I don't need it to be basking-in-the-sun-poolside weather just yet. We all know that will come and when it does, most of us will be all hot and red faced complaining about how scorching it is (silly us). I just love the spring! I love the green peaking up through melted snow. I love the bunnies frolicking in the fields of freshly bloomed wild flowers! OK, but seriously folks, I really couldn't be more invigorated. I've been hibernating all winter, letting my blubber accumulate for insulation, and now it will come to an end!

I'm pretty twitterpated myself. Twitterpated over the beginnings of spring, the hub and baby, and these Kaakoush babies too. Here are some shots of our recent adventure to visit the clan in Arizona a couple weeks ago.







3 comments:

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Lucy is so freaking cute!!! Have I not left that exact comment like 20 times...so excited about this weekend! Funny...Lucy is so much bigger in the sling than when she was huddled at the Haunted House!!!

stacy h. said...

bethany's girls are so cute! i heard birds outside our window yesterday. ahhh. spring, please come soon and stay. jodee and i took the girls to the park yesterday! yes, we all had coats on and Q even had a hat, but the sunshine felt good!

Kate Call said...

i can't believe how much you and your sister look alike. those dimples, my word! not fair! you look great and it looks like you guys are havin a gay ol' time all the time! the summer is creeping up quickly.. i would love to see you before we take off!