Sunday, March 29, 2009

All dressed up with some place to go!

Thursday night a friend of ours, Lindsay invited us to go to the Mrs. Utah gala at La Caille! The purpose was to introduce the 2009 Mrs. Utah contestants (Lindsay is our favorite contestant). The food and company were great, the night was even more fun than I was expecting. My favorite part was when Jason and I were pulling up to the valet and realized that neither of us had our wallets with us. The tickets to the event were paid for in advance (luckily) but we felt like the ultimate dub-T couple when we picked the car up and almost ended up having to tip the guys with some creme brulee that I stashed into my purse from the dinner. Felt like the grandma on Wedding Singer, paying with meat balls. Fortunately for us, we had some Coney's gift certificates on us. I said, "Now boys, don't you use this all at once!" haha. Actually the truth was, right after we took a picture with Johhny "the Jet" Rogers, (who won the Heisman trophy in 1972), Jason pulled him aside and said, "Can I ask you a favor? Can I borrow $5?" and he lent us the money. What a guy.

Ok, that's not true either! Funny "what if" scenerios keep coming to my mind! Though we DID forget our wallets and we DID tip the valet guys with real dollar bills, don't you worry about how that all went down. Needless to say, we weren't much fun at the fund-raising auction. I was sad because there was an assualt rifle auctioned off that I was dying to get my hands on. I was going to use it to shoot the coons in my back yard. (Just in case you haven't read this post from last week, that's a joke.) Thanks for the invitation to a great night out Lindsay and Miguel!



9 comments:

jenna said...

the dress worked perfect. go burlington. missed you guys today.

Curt said...

Didn't notice Lucy anywhere in the pictures . . . means you guys left her with someone besides Grammy (she's with me in Idaho). Are you aware of the penalty for such a misdeed??? Looks like a great time!

Skylette said...

Meradith - stunning as always! :)

Micaela said...

What a great dress! You are one hot mamasita!

candicetheresa said...

You're a Beaut!!

Handsfullmom said...

Looks like a fun night. I take it you didn't win the assault rifle? =P

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

You look like a babe all dressed up!! It looks like a fun night out with just the 2 of you.

Jill Wilson said...

Fun ;) I did a double take at the title of your post since I just wrote one myself called "All dressed up with nowhere to go" haha!

Unknown said...

Mera and Jason first things first your holding the ball in the wrong hand.

Mera bo bera loving your new hair! and the clutch...good work!

Also any more word on Courtney and the baby boy that has no name:)
Love and miss you!