


A few highlights of the weekend:
I’m sitting there with my toes under the little drier at the mall while Jason is doing some training when the lady comes up beside me, as tactfully as she knows how, and says, “You. Pay. Now.” I’m reaching for my credit card and realize they don’t take American Express. I frantically search in and out of my bag for the visa, but no… It is nowhere to be found. (She is still standing directly beside me, has not budged an inch… just watching me search in panic. I can feel her breathing down my neck). I then have to turn and try to explain that I cannot pay for my pedicure, and that “my husband will be here in a few hours to pick me up and he will have to come pay for it”. I still have no idea if she understood anything I was trying to explain to her, judging by the look on her face she did not. However, the entire shop heard and all 12 women sitting there were staring at me, wondering why this poor struggling mother with a restless infant, could not pay for the services rendered. Embarrassing.
Dave making a Baskin Robins run at 10 pm while the rest of us wait in the hotel room exhausted beyond belief. Katie falls asleep and upon Dave’s knock as he returns she jumps up and starts frantically shouting, “What?!? What?!? What??!?!?!?” I was sure she was going to punch me in the face for no good reason.
Baskin Robins. Two times. Don’t know why but every time we go to California we have to hit up BR multiple times. Why, you might ask? There are BRs everywhere. But maybe we just can’t do it here because Coneys is here and we do have our loyalty. What would people think?
Tony Roma’s ribs. I never knew. Don’t order the mac and cheese, but the ribs are amazing. And we were SOOO hungry.
- Leaving my suitcase in the long term parking lot at the slc airport upon arriving home. Driving away without a care in the world and realizing hours later. Ugh. I’m not going to throw anyone under the bus but if you want the whole story I will tell you it. Luckily it was retrieved, and relationships were mended.
- And, of course, this angel. She was such a good sport while her mom and dad played hard. She let us do lots more than we even expected. I have to admit I was jealous every time she would sack out though. I wanted to crawl right in that stroller with her on a few occasions.
4 comments:
So fun! I love the pictures, I am glad it all went well.
Crystal
That Luce, she always wants to eat your cheeks! So cute. Looks like SO much fun! Love the pedicure and missing luggage stories.
yeah for disneyland! looks like a good time!
Looks like it was a successful trip!Wish I could have gotten that pedi with you- could have helped you out too! haha...too funny! But I'm glad your back! We need to hang out...paul is in TX all week so I'm a lone woman...let's do lunch or something!
Post a Comment