I've had some good downtime the last few days. By good, I mean I woke up Saturday morning with just about the worst stomach ache imaginable and spent the majority of the day throwing up and wallowing around in my bed like a pig in a sty. Don't know who it's worse for when I get sick, Jason or me, because I am pretty much as irrational and firey hot with anger as you can fathom. I cannot see past the misery. And I could never be bulimic- the whole house-and probably the neighbors too, know when I yak. Ugh. Luckily the worst of it was over by Saturday evening. Still, that food poisoning or stomach flu or voodoo curse or whatever it was pretty much had me out for a good three days and even up until yesterday I would walk up or down the stairs or exert any kind of energy at all and then proceed to fling myself onto the couch panting like a banshee, heart racing! I hate that weak feeling. Looking on the bright side, I did indeed take advantage of the opportunity to comfortably wear the one pair of jeans I own that I normally CANNOT squeeze myself into, no matter what kind of jumping up and down is involved- not even when slabbing my legs up with butter first. Dropped like 9 pounds of water weight in 2 days.
Jason was a champion hubby and dad and took care of business. Lucy was a good girl. (She is always such a good girl. I can't believe how much I love her. Sometimes for a split second I still think I can feel her kick, and then I remember, "Oh yeah. I gave birth to her 7 months ago. Weird. Must have been indigestion." I can't believe how the time has flown and how the weeks just continue to fly. She is changing every single day. She is scooting and rolling all around, mostly backwards right now. She will be crawling in no time. I love love LOVE that I am her mama. )
As I was saying, it is a lucky thing when I am down and out she is in the ever-vigilant-ever- attentive hands of her daddy. You can't buy that peace of mind folks.
6 comments:
Meradith! I am so sorry you have been sick...I wish I knew! Is there anything I can do for you?
Love those pictures of you and Lucy both smiling...absolutely adorable!
COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING at that last picture of Jason sound asleep and Lucy bright eyed and bushy tailed! Too much! Paul and I both got a kick out of it!
Lets still do something tomorrow! Call me. Hope you have a good night!
Poor Jason:) Man don't you love those mommy and daughter moments...you just wait all of the sudden your little girl will be joking with you and tickling you not to mention LAUGHING at your jokes..it is so awesome! Well I hope I will get to see you soon...I miss ya so much and so sad I didn't get to go to Court's shower.
Also tell Jason that if he wants a little payback my mom found our eighth grade year book...hahaha we were soooo goofy...remember the student body group pic at the PLAYGROUND! WOW!
SO cute. So real.
Mer, thanks for coming even though you were so sick!!! Take comfort in the fact that you still looked hot! it would comfort me!!! I'm totally down to come over and decorate...colors? Themes? Motifs? Painting on the wall? I have a really cool baby girl nursery theme idea...
Glad you are feeling better! Grr i hate being sick, but wow 9 lbs. Cute picturesof you 2 girls, how sweet to have a little girl.
I am sorry you were sick. I hate that. I was sick like that a few months ago and when I had to "yak" Afton would come running over to where I was and watch. I had to try and push her away at the same time.
That picture of Jason is pretty funny!
Post a Comment