Had a crazy "mom moment" this morning. (That makes me sound so old. Wow.) Lucy filled her diaper to the point of no containment. The doody, (the term we have adopted in our house) was literally everywhere. Up her back and in her hair. Not too fun. So I'm changing her, and decide this definitely cannot be remedied with a few simple wet wipes and determine to strip her down and get her into the water. We have those bigger sinks in our bathroom so I grab her and supporting her, stand her up naked next to the sink on the counter. This entertains her for about 3 or 4 good seconds because she is so utterly smitten with herself in the mirror. Besides I can't really sit her down anywhere at this point. I'm checking the water temperature with the other hand and start filling the sink, when she begins peeing all over the counter. I notice too little, too late that she is standing directly over my flat iron. It's times like these I think Ashton Kutcher should come jumping out of my closet and tell me I've been punked, or what's his name from candid camera. And I'd start laughing and high fiving them, telling them, "You guys! You really got me! You got me so good!"
I couldn't stay mad at this face for very long, but I did play a little hard to get when she was apologizing. You can't just forgive them right off the bat, you have to let them know they can't just do things like that and get away with it. Otherwise they will walk all over you!
She has also discovered this new talent, just in case you didn't catch her starting up at the end of that clip. At just 7 1/2 months, can you believe it? And this is aaaaallll day long folks. During family prayer, when she is supposed to be napping, etc. She really is something of a child prodigy. We'll probably enter her into some talent contests within the next couple of months.
8 comments:
The story and the sounds are too funny. Alli was standing here watching the videos with me and she started waving. It was pretty cute.
Lucy is more adorable every day--and she is starting to fulfill the great law of compensation--paying her mother back in kind for all the nasty tricks Meradith played on her loving parents 20+ years ago. Yeah, Lucy, just keep it coming!
So Sorry Meradith!! She must have heard Jenna during church and picked up some new tricks from her. Wait until she starts screaming.. Oh the fun.. Little Lucy has the most adorable little face.. Good luck with the spitting...
Want to maul her!!
as adorable as little babies are, they are disgusting sometimes. think what you want about me saying that, but it is true. Q has had the stomach flu...just imagine. it has been horrifying. at least 4 outfits a day.
lucy is adorable mere. :) we will come over when the bug is gone.
She's so funny! You should get her on "America's Got Talent" or some such show.
that's totally awesome!! i love that little lucy!! your trip to cali looks so fun too, you guys are the coolest family i know!!
p.s. my sister just had a baby and named her eliza lucia tippets and want to call her eliza, but i keep calling her lucia on accident because i'm used to your lucy! :-)
I love it. Trent had that face and it was so hard to not do it right back to him like a little blowing bubbles/farting sounds conversation. But I knew we shouldn't encourage it. So cute.
Post a Comment