Monday, June 22, 2009

SO happy he was born. Let us celebrate!

Jason's birthday happened to fall on Father's Day this year.  I sorta felt sorry for him at first, the poor chap having to cram two special occasions into one little day.  However, as we inched closer to the time of festivity, it became apparent that it was instead a brilliant stroke of luck that brought these two days of adoration and jubilation together! A text conversation between he and I went as follows last week:
 Me: I'm missing my husband.  Can't wait to celebrate your birthday! I love you.  Him:  Well that's a nice thing to say.  I love you too and I can't wait to celebrate my birthday ALL weekend."  I think I started hearing, "But it's my birthday..." as early as Thursday.  Anyhoo, it was a glorious weekend, glorious indeed!  Oh how I love that husband of mine! (I know there is a lot of bragging about how much husbands are loved on many-a-blog out there, probably even lots more around Father's day, but I really do love my husband so much more than any of you love yours. :)
Lucy was very eager to get her little mitts on all the birthday loot.  And yes folks, that's a chainsaw! Thanks G-ma and G-Pa Christensen! We have some great pranks planned for Halloween, and it will be so much funnier now that it's a real one! ha!

Jason has become quite the connoisseur of macaroni and cheese.  LOVES the stuff.  Call it comfort food, but this particular dish brings me no comfort. This dish below is the object of great love and of loathing in our house.  Morton's mac and cheese- are you familiar with it?  Stay away from it if you're not- cream cheese, parmesan cheese, swiss and cheddar... along with a cup and a half of heavy cream (6 grams of fat PER TEASPOON).  Unfortunately I did the math and that means in cream alone there is 432 grams of fat in this casserole dish you see.  I wanted to off myself after that revelation.  So you can imagine how absolutely delectable it is!! Definitely a once-a-year dish.
Lucy ready for church on her Daddy's day... maybe more delicious than the mac and cheese.

 And of course, we had to go big with the traditional seven peaks party all day today.  Go big or go home!!  Love the high school cheerleaders we got in the background posing in their photo shoot! They were practicing cheers most the day. Funny.


She loves that dadda.






Lots has changed in Lucy's life since Dad's last birthday hoorah.
Lucia last year:

Lucia this year:


What an unbelievable husband and father Jason truly is.  How fortunate I am.  How fortunate Lucy and I both are to have such a man.  We couldn't love him more.  Happy Father's Day and Happy Happy Birthday to my hubbers!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh Yason! I'm so happy you were born so that you could marry my sissy! I wish we would have been there for the week long carnival that is your birthday. I can't get over little Doof in those pics! One more month, Meda! One more month!!!!!

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JASON!!! We'll come down to celebrate...or you can always come to Kemmerer!!! :)

candicetheresa said...

Yes, Happy Birthday Jason!! You were totally spoiled as I can see, and I'm sure much more spoiled than was displayed in this blog post. You are VERY loved. As you deserve to be!

Kate Call said...

happy birthday jason!
i remember you posting that picture of you on your blog last year of you/lucy in that blue swimsuit.. can't believe that was a year ago!
looks like you guys had a fab time!