Lucy and I went to the mall the other day with our friends Candice, Trent and Hadley. We popped into Victoria's Secret for about 30 seconds and decided there was nothing in particular calling our names, so we left. Little did I know that there was indeed a little something special that caught Lucy's eye that she apparently could not live without. I found these pretties draped around her neck as we continued to walk the mall. Who knew she already has a preference of panty color? And a real knack for shoplifting? We returned them, and as a lesson I made her admit to stealing to the store manager and then write, "I will not steal panties and wear them around my neck," 100 times when we got home. But if I had no morals, I bet she could reel me in a lot of "free" loot. I bet we could probably have a fairly lucrative system going on.
Another funny thing happening lately is when she tries to wriggle down from her crib. This has happened a handful of times now, and she hasn't quite caught on that while her legs fit, she has this torso that just doesn't. After putting her to bed or down for her nap, I can always tell what's she's done by the amount of scuffling and grunting that's going on through the monitor. And then she cries. Not pained cries, just yelling out for help. She can't get herself free either when this happens, her little thighs are wedged. So we can't help but be entertained. And snap a few pictures before helping her out of her predicament. I wanna tell her that she's doing this to herself, but maybe it's a little premature for accountability talks. Or maybe not pointing it out to her but allowing her to reflect upon it and introspect would be a more effective teaching method.
I would think it was even funnier if it didn't remind me of this: (which slightly creeps me out).
The other day Jason got out the leaf blower and Lucy protested wildly to it. How could he??
There was a lot of fake crying and pleading involved. It wasn't so much the fact that she was so opinionated about it that struck us; it was more that she did all in her power to stop the wrong that was taking place and restore peace and harmony to her back yard. 'Atta girl. She knows how to fight for her convictions.
She strayed from dad occasionally and would wander through the yard racking her brain strategizing a more effective plan of action, but always ended up looking over in his direction longingly and continuing the protest.
We want to laugh with her and not at her, but she doesn't know yet just how funny she is. So laughing with her will simply have to come later.


6 comments:
That is so funny! What a cute little thief! She is such a doll Mer!
What cute stories! She is so funny! What a doll.
I think you should start training her to get the expensive stuff. A couple of $15 undies here and there isn't going to do you any good.
Those are pretty funny little stories!
That's so funny...her little legs sticking out!!! Max has almost stolen as well...they start so young!!!
Love the legs picture! So funny. She and Harmony had such a great time last week, pulling everything out of all the drawers in the kitchen. She looks adorable in that little hat!
Post a Comment