Monday, November 2, 2009

Wedding Bells. And lots of pictures.

This last Saturday I had the opportunity to fly down to Arizona to be a bridesmaid for one of my besties Tamra. She was a radiant bride in every sense of the word. So happy and so beautiful. Loved being a part of this day. Even while pregnant. :) (I mean I'm pregnant. Not Tamra.)
It is a wonderful thing to see someone you love so much reach such an important milestone in life. I'm so proud of her.
Don't know why this secret weapon of a pose was what I whipped out when the photographer said, "Everyone, just talk amongst yourselves and be sassy you." My arm looks like it's on backwards. Or I'm seriously double-jointed. (Even though there's really no such thing, is there? It was the cool thing to be in elementary school, but two joints where one should be? I don't think it's a real thing.)
She was so tired. A tired, tired terrorist she was.
Father of the bride. And pre-pubescents having WAY too much fun in the background.
It was a perfect day.

I'm always secretly envious of newlyweds. Actually, it's a good mix of feelings. Envious of all the excitement and newness and at the same time so glad we're not newlyweds anymore. It's weird. So glad we've settled into normalcy of marriage and I'm not as big of a drama queen as I used to be. (Though on occasion I do still fight the urges.) So glad it doesn't hurt my feelings as bad when I get fallen asleep on during riveting conversation. (Unless I'm upset. Still a bad move). I do miss running and throwing myself on him when he used to walk in the door from work. I do that now, and I will definitely trip on my oversized pajamas and on Lucy. I do miss feeling fully justified texting him 1200 times while he's at work. I still do that, I just feel more annoying than I used to. I remember perfectly driving away from our reception. A surreal, semi-awkward silence filled the car after all that commotion as we drove away (that never happens with me, mostly the silent part). I remember I didn't really know what to say. "So, how was the day for you? Wanna go watch the finished product of the wedding video? Are we really husband and wife? Is this really... legit? 2 legit 2 quit?" I do remember feeling SO sublimely elated and giddy. Lots of tender laughs ahead for them looking back on this time of life. So fun. (Are you in shock at how many parenthetical phrases are in this paragraph? I am.)

Congratulations Eric and Tamra! I love you, Tamra. I know you will be the most amazing wife, because you are the most amazingly selfless friend.

8 comments:

Haylee said...

Sorry, Katie, sent me your link to see the pics, so I am totally blog stalking you now. This is Haylee, BTW, I feel so proud that I have one of those pics in there representing. I just looked at the pictures from my camera, and it is official that I am quitting photography altogether until I get a new camera, like yours!! Anyway, you guys all look so adorable. Love it!!!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful wedding! Do you know where they got the bridesmaids dresses? My sister is getting married and we're having serious bridesmaid dress drama. Need. Help.

stacy h. said...

congrats tamra!! so happy for her. she looked great and it looks like a beautiful wedding. and what a cute bridesmaid dress! lucky, you can totally wear it again.

Vanessa said...

Oh Meva! I wish you wouldn't have refused to be a bridesmaid at my wedding! I wish you wouldn't have told me you wouldn't be caught dead standing next to me at my reception! You just look so cute in that bridesmaid dress!

And, Tamra looks AMAZING. I want that dress! Just so I can try to squeeze into it and wear it around the house.

Wish I would have been there.

Cassi said...

I too am envious of newlyweds (and not just because they get a boat load of presents to decorate their house with) but because there is something exciting about the newness of marriage. Not to say that what replaces it isn't amazingly wonderful in its own way but I will always look back at that "always have to touch" & "can't be away from each other for more than 10 seconds" time with fond memories. Plus, who wouldn't want to legitimately be the center of attention again for a whole day? Oo, pick me!

candicetheresa said...

Lucy's dress is so angelic. A great terrorist in disguise.

I LOLed at your sassy pose. Oh how I wish you would have been a bridesmaid for me so that I could have a permanent photo memory of you being your sassy self. SO FUNNY!

And uhhhh...pretty sure I talk Tim's ear right off! Right off! Been almost five years (since we met) and I am just now realizing this, that perhaps I DON'T have to say every little thing that I am thinking in my head. But he's such a good listener so I just ramble on. Every drive to Huntsville, Salt Lake, etc., late night drives home, I talk the entire way! And the conversation usually starts like this. "(yawn) Ahhh. I am exhausted. (2.3 seconds of silence) So I was thinking that..." And 74 minutes later, I wrap it up. Yep. 74 minutes later.

Oh good husbands we have. Cause I'm guessing Jason and Tim could join a "I'm a good listener for my rambling wife that shares every thought she ever has" support group. Am I right? Maybe I'm not right.

candicetheresa said...

Now that I'm talking, I just can't stop! Cause I just want to say one thing (hahaha)

I make a little pact with myself at the beginning of every one of those drives home. "I think I'll be the quiet type tonight. I think I'll just be quiet and drive home in silence. I think I'll let Tim talk."

Haha.

Yeah right. I totally fail.

Handsfullmom said...

Beautiful! I love the green dresses, very classy. I'm glad you had a great trip.