Dear, Dear....Dear Dr. Anderson,
Ahhh where to begin... where to begin? Man, the journey we've shared so far. As I was driving home from our appointment this morning I started thinking about you and me and where we've been and the memories we've shared and where we are now and I started to get a little misty eyed. I started to wonder what on earth I would do if you retired before I'm done birthing my babies. I started to panic a little at this thought, because if you do, it would be way more traumatic than losing my hair stylist. And that's pretty traumatic in a woman's world. Almost as traumatic as if they stopped making Oreos.
I love that you have been bringing babies into the world for like 30 years, and that there's nothing you haven't seen. So, no matter how grotesque/revolting I am, I won't surprise you. I love that the word hemorrhoid doesn't make you cringe; it's like the equivalent of hearing the word, "computer," for everyone else. I love that you've recycled the same jokes during our appointments several times over, and that we laugh the same as if it were the first time I was hearing it, because dang it, I'm a joke recycler too! I love that you try to distract me with small talk when you have to do something uncomfortable or awkward, like ask about my husband's profession or where I grew up. I love that you gave a surprisingly hearty laugh when in response to that disctraction I said, "Yeah, this is still really awkward." I love that you called Lucy's placenta, "the ugly step sister that never gets any attention or love." I'm waiting for you to use that one again when this baby comes. I love that when you were doing our first ultrasound and thought you saw twins and then said, "Oh nevermind, just one baby in there," and then when I strangely replied with, "Oh my goodness I was about to slap you across the face," that you didn't make me feel more awkward for physically threatening you. You just sortof smiled with a twinkle in your eye. Like you would have deserved the slap in the face. Like you wanted me to slap you just for giving me a scare. I love that you were still this chipper at 3:49 AM when Lucia came into the world:
I love that you told me Lucy was the most beautiful and most favorite baby you've ever delivered and I was the most graceful, angelic birthing mother during labor you have ever witnessed in all your years. I like that you didn't ever have to actually verbally say those things to me, but you told me with your eyes. I knew what you were saying to me.
Please Doctor, for the love, don't you go retirin' on me any time soon. I will gladly drive the solid 25 minutes each way to Payson for every appointment for you to just have me pee in a cup and jump on a scale before even dreaming about changing doctors.
Your devoted patient,
Meradith
*I can't believe I'm in the 3rd trimester. I'm feeling really good. I'm excited to go through this process again. I feel kinda bad, this baby/ pregnancy hasn't really been shown much love on this blog. So I'll probably have to post some routine belly pics and tell you how much she moves every day pretty soon here. Because she moves a ton. Don't you roll your eyes at it (I saw that), just accept it as a necessary evil of the blog of a pleasantly plump preggie.*


4 comments:
Remember how you called me and witched me out for not commenting on your blog? Well, here I am. Leaving you a pity comment.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Just kidding, Meva! I'm not going to lie, I'm vedy jealous of you and your doctor's relationship. The witches at UCSF told me I was disgusting all the time. And that they couldn't believe I'd landed myself a husband.
What a peach Dr. Andersen is! I'm gonna convince Sam to grow the handlebar.
A good doc is soo hard to find! I am seriously in love with mine (in a totally normal way!) for much the same reason as you are with yours. I think that nothing is going to surprise him, he knows exactly what he's doing so I feel like I can completely trust him. Can't wait to see more pics of you!
Mera- Hey tootz! You are so lucky that your doc is that awesome. My OBGYN was a capital D-bag! He was very cold. I am the kind that needs my doc to be a person first and then a doctor. He was a robot doctor!! I cant wait to see pics of this new baby!! Love ya!
You are so lucky you get to have the same dr. for this baby too! We have NEVER been in the same dang state with any of our babies. I might actually deliver the next one here in AZ... imagine that! But I LOVE older Docs, they seem to be unphased by anything!
Post a Comment