SO, those of you who know my mother know she is a major American Idol groupie. She is faithful to every season, without falter. I'll get a random text from her on a Tuesday night saying, "Oh my gosh, wasn't that amazing?!" and I'll know I'm missing AI and that I'd better go tune in. So my sisters and I surprised her with concert tickets to the top ten tour! And it was AMAZING!! In fact my voice still has not yet recovered, I haven't had it for the past week since we went. Mother dear was under the impression that she was flying down to Phoenix to babysit while my sister and hubby got away for a night, and couldn't really figure out why Vanessa and I where there, too. She was a little befuddled, but throwing her off a scent is like taking candy from a baby (which I've done many many times, and can attest to the ease of the task). You should have seen her face when we told her, "We haven't been exactly honest with you about the reason you're here," and handed her the 4 concert tickets. There was an absurd amount of screaming and flailing of limbs, (I think my nephew got knocked out by a run away back hand) and then she promptly burst into tears and burst her bladder. Ok she didn't really pee her pants, but I wish she would have. Just for the story telling sake of it.
At Bethany's house before leaving the two sitters with 6 children for several hours. (Don't you worry about them. They've recovered splendidly. And they had their bread buttered for sure that night).
In line to get some treats. Look how excited my mom is to get her mitts on some red vines. Giddy as a school girl all night long.
Lots of rocking out and tasting the rainbow. Things got especially invigorating when mom swan dove into the fans beneath us for a little crowd surfing. The sad part was, they happened to be all sitting down at the time and she blindsided several of them. Consequently a law suit is now in progress. Totally worth it though.
I know some of you may think Siobhan was maybe a little weird during the season. But let me tell you, she was our absolute FAVORITE performer. She was amazing. We all started mosh pitting and convulsing during her performances, especially Paint it Black. An utter phenom.
There's that charmer, Casey. Break me off a piece of that! So I can give it to someone single. And when Mike came back out and joined him for, "To really love a woman"?!? PLEASE. Talk about swoon city. The awkward part between Casey and I happened backstage after the show when he actually told me he could see his unborn children in my eyes. I had to let him know gently that it was in fact just a cataract I've been suffering from for some time, and asked if he knew any good eye doctors. He ended up being surprisingly helpful.
Oh Lee... Lee, Lee, Lee. Love that rasp. And those extra 10 pounds you've put on since the season aired. Who can blame you?
'Twas a night to remember on all accounts. Love love loved it.
2 comments:
We splurged on tickets for the whole family to the SYTYCD tour in November. But it's a surprise so don't tell Maggie.
I am such a AI fan!!! Not surprising. What is surprising is YOUR MOM!!! So great to surprise her like that and see her act like a kid again! Fun Memories!!
Post a Comment