I turned 27 ten days ago. It's been pretty awesome so far, since I've been 27. I can tell people respect me a lot more than when I was 26. I mean 27 sounds so adult doesn't it? Like I should know how to balance my checkbook or something. But I don't think anybody does that anymore. So I guess I don't need to know how to that much. It seems like all my life whenever I've heard of other people being 27, I've thought it was a pretty legit age. Too legit. 2 legit 2 quit. So I guess I won't quit.
Jason whisked me off on a lover's getaway to Las Vegas and treated me to a Chip-N-Dale's show! He had prearranged a dance special with him as the main star of the number! And man, let me tell you it was really somethin'. It reminded me a bit of that scene from the movie, The Proposal, you know the scene don't you? With Oscar from The Office? I'm sure you're not surprised at all if you know my husband, he's totally an exhibitionist like that.
Actually, what really went down was a whole lot of rest and relaxation! And some shopping! (Biggest Forever 21 in the world!) And food. It was perfect. We went down from Thursday night til Saturday and spent most of our time lounging by the pool or sleeping in our hotel room. I felt sortof lame, because hubby suggested we go to a show but I had to decline. Both nights I was debilitated by a food coma and knew I'd be snoozing in no time had we gone. I insisted on going back to the hotel room and ordering a movie and doing some good husband/wife spoonage instead. So that's what we did. And I don't regret it. If you are a MOAYB (mother of a young baby), you dream about days like these.
The funnest part about being back in your room by 9:00 pm while in Vegas is telling random people at the airport what you did while you're both exchanging What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas stories. And they are still really hungover. And you make it sound ordering a movie, snuggling, and getting 7 hours of sleep was the craziest, most-bad-to-the-bone thing you've ever done. And then they look at you like they smell something really bad. And then you point off in the distance and say, "hey, what's that?!" And eat some of their french fries when they look away.
Regrettably, we forgot our camera. Unacceptable, right? So, much to your dismay I'm sure, I have no pictures to show you of us sleeping in our hotel room. But I do have a few phone pics to share of us hoovering food. None of us together though, because it's kinda ghetto to ask someone to take a picture of you with your phone. So the food pics are mostly me. A little embarrassing, but it was wonderful food. And picture worthy.
First birthday surprise:
Crepes. Nutella and banana crepes. We had one of these sweethearts in Paris right next to the Eiffel tower when we were first married. So it's a little sentimental. Jason wanted to just share one instead of ordering his own and I quickly dissipated any romance by nearly headbutting him for the ludicrous suggestion. He tried to tell me I'd never be able to finish off my own. But I proved him wrong. And the victory was sweet. The victory dance, even sweeter. By my last bite, everyone had gathered around me, chanting my name, and I was a sweaty, soiled mess. I asked Jason, "What do I get if I finish off every last bite of this?" to which he quickly replied, "About a pound," and then had a good chuckle. Then he told me I should blog about what he said, so people know he's funny. So there's a little reminder for you folks.
Then that night we went to the Capital Grille. (I told you it's fancier with the unnecessary E on the end.) I've mentioned this place before, but it's worthy of mention again. SO good. We love it. And look at this cute little birthday card that was waiting for me at our table! With a check inside for $5,000. Talk about good service. Thanks CG!
Have you had this coconut cream pie? I promise it will change your life. Jason even said it makes him feel all tingly inside. And it takes a lot for him to get all tingly.
We got home to find our babies perfectly unharmed in their cribs where we left them. Who says you even need to hire a babysitter? ha. My parents and Vanessa had been staying at our house so you know the party isn't over yet.
Nessa made me a very special, very personalized birthday cake, and even had an elaborate joke planned with putting "28" candles on the cake instead of 27. She's so funny. She'd planned out an entire scene of complete horror and humiliation for me. She even had all my friends and family members write down 3 things they would change about me if they could, and compiled them into little booklet for me to keep. Some real zingers in there everyone! You got me so good!
But I ruined her cake joke. When I prematurely found the 28 candles in my pantry, Vanessa became fiery hot with anger. There was some profanity exchanged, and I finally got her calmed down by telling her she could put 82 on my cake instead of 28, and that would be an even funnier joke! She got a little happy about that. And even happier when I told her she could kick me in the shins. So funny that sister of mine.
Thank you wonderful husband, thank you wonderful family and friends who made this year's birthday truly unforgettable!




7 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Its funny cause 27 really does sound older,=huh? I'll be 27 here soon too and I can't believe it! I am glad it was a good one.
Can I just tell you that your posts are so fun to read. You are so clever in your writing. The "2 legit" part...were you quoting Hot Rod by any chance???
Good seeing you today. Sad I was lame and had to bust out of there so fast. Happy 27!
Happy happy!! Wow!! I am gonna tell Q to give Jason a call for some tips. What a nice thing for you to do. PS- I could probably eat 2 of those crepes ;) Love ya!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Meradith! I also turned 27 a few weeks ago. We are sooo old ;) Glad you had a rad, wild birthday in Vegas! VEGAS BABY! WOOO!
Happy birthday, Meradith!!! sad we didn't get to spend any good time together this weekend!!! I'm having dreams about your shrimp...and as I've been reading your blog, Max has been repetitively singing, 'Lucy, Lucy, Lucy..."
Happy Birthday Meradith, looks like you had a great one! Even if you are 1 lb. heavier. Jason sure is a funny one, thanks for the reminder ;) Haha!! You guys crack me up!
Post a Comment