I've been missing you, blog. And maybe it hasn't been that long that we've been apart, but it better feel as long to you as it does to me because I'm not letting you have the upper hand in this relationship. Actually I don't even miss you that much. You just have some things of mine that I wanted to get back. What? Okay. I'll consider it. Maybe there is still a future for us. I feel better. Stop groveling. You know I couldn't really live without you.
The truth is, we have been busy, but when are we all not busy? Life is busy. So I guess that's not my excuse. But Scarlett is walking along the furniture, which is early for not even reaching 9 months. She's into everything. Her mobility makes my time for leisure harder to come by. But mostly, I've just been in a bit of a blogging funk. I've lost my groove, my mojo, and I'm hoping it'll come back to me sometime soon. In the mean time, I do have pictures. But bear with me, because like I said, my energy is zapped.
We recently checked into a cabin in Heber for a manager's retreat with hubby's work for some winter outdoor fun. Photo courtesy of Cassi Pope:
Due to Cassi's photographing expertise, this picture is such good quality that it looks fake to me. Like there's a green screen behind us and they photoshopped the snow in. Thanks Cass! Just look how cute she is.
I'm for sure the most hard-core sledder though. What you don't know is that dragging your legs to the side to slow the sled is definitely the funnest way to go, because it sprays constant snow into your face every inch of the way, and gives you one of those brain-freeze headaches. That's why Lucy's favorite driver is mom. If you could see past her gloves, her face is one of sheer joy.
What you don't know about this is that this angelic picture was taken just moments before the biggest tantrum of her life, when I tried to pick her up and carry her into bed. Definitely the biggest. After an hour of screaming and physically assaulting me in our room, (and waking Scarlett up twice) here's a direct quote from the text I sent to Jason as he was out hi-fiving and laughing with everyone. (Actually he was grilling steaks for everyone, but for dramatic effect, the first just sounds better.) Back to text:
Still screaming. I don't have the patience for this. I'm going to knock her out. And I never ever want to do this again. Ever.
The last line was the most potent part of the text I think. Because it's just so ambiguous, that it makes me mysterious and sexy. What exactly don't I ever want to do again? Put her to bed? Stay at a cabin? Eat steak and corn on the cob? Hang out with friends? Wear that particular outfit? We'll never know.
I also told him, And I don't want to play games! Count me out!! Because logically, when I'm at my limit with one or both children, I need to punish the person who helped me create them for it... and of course me not participating in games would be the ultimate punishment for my husband.
Lucky for me, it was an empty threat, because Rollick is our new game of choice when it comes to parties:
I think this one has something to do with a body part... No, nevermind I'm reading into it totally wrong...
A more awkward position there never was:
In other news the sunny 50 degrees that we've had lately has definitely been enough to put a little extra skip in my step. Is that the expression? It definitely's been enough to put a hop in my wobble. Whatever.
Aimei and Max are visiting and you would think these two little tykes had never seen the sun before when we got out for an afternoon stroll. Holding each other, tears of joy freely flowing:
Oh, and Lucy started gymnastics!!! Loves it about more than anything. Except chocolate milk. She thanked Heavenly Father for chocolate milk in the first prayer that she decided she wanted to take control of. We are yet to hear gymnastics mentioned during prayers but I'm sure it's around the corner. Back to it!
P.S. This was totally unplanned btw. When I saw her walk into the crowded room, I was so embarrassed I spent most of the day trying to avoid her. But then when we both went for the punch bowl at the same time, the awkwardness had reached it's peak. So we decided to laugh it off and pose for a pic.
And P.P.S. She's too big too fast. Mothers of one out there, it all goes by 100 times faster with the second. I'm afraid for what it's like with the next ones.
Life is beautiful. Love you, blog. Glad we're back together after these last few weeks of tension between us. After all, this is my 200th blog post. Happy anniversary to us!























5 comments:
happy anniversary!!! hehehe
and your girls are darling as ever. i would also have to say that you will never lose the ability to capture the most candid and realistic photos!!!
love it and love the blog....
Looks like loads of fun. And moms dressing to match their toddlers? I think you need help. haha, j/k. As long as we don't see you on Toddlers and Tiaras, trying to twirl batons along side of her, you're okay. LOL
Welp, I tried to call you today so that I could read this post aloud and we could chuckle along together but YOU BLEW IT!!!! And I'm sorry, after my life not allowing me to read this post for several days, I couldn't hep m'sef!
So many things about this post make me vedy yealous--the tubing, the cabin-staying, the backyard you have to play in, your hot body, Doofy's gym class, to name a few. I'm feeling homesick and lonely all because of YEW.
Now CALL MEH and I may read this post all over again. Or I may screen your call--you'll never know.
I love the matching shirts, even if it was an accident.
I love the pics of Scarlett all bundled up in that tube. Those are seriously the cutest!! I also love how I am about to climb on top of the pregnant one in that game... I must have been so wrapped up in the competition that I lost all sensibility!! Hahaha, that was such a fun game! We all rock!!
Post a Comment