Lucy's 4th birthday is next on my to-blog list. She turned 4 on the 23rd of July, but you'll have to forgive the tardiness. Here we go. I guess that's as exciting as I'm gonna get in this introduction. Really grabbed your attention, didn't it? Really pulled you in and made you want to stay forever. Sorry.
Honestly, I have no idea how this girl went from this yesterday:
to this today:
I feel like I look at this picture and flash forward to her being 17. And I don't like it. Sigh.
She had her first birthday celebration this year on the Oregon Coast with all of her aunts and uncles and cousins with Jason's side of the fam. She was utterly speechless as we sang to her.
The day after we got home from that vacay, my sisters Bethany and Vanessa and my mom and dad (along with Sam and many munchkins) met up with us at Lagoon for Lucy's big bash. Carson is particularly enthused in this picture. I love these cousins. I stayed for approxiamtely one hour at this here fiesta. It was like 115 degrees, I was pouring sweat and having to use a nursing cover under those conditions is not my idea of a good time. At all. So Isla, me and Scarlett split and found solace in the air conditioning. These maniacs stayed all day.
Everyone loves a good set of swings. Except me.
This shot is especially nice of sweet Leah enjoying the ride. And who's that poor fella behind her squeezing himself into the preschool sized swings, preparing to hurl.
Afterwards we hit up Coney's for a little birthday cake and custard.
See? I still hadn't recovered from the sweatiness of that one hour Lagoon trip. It was scarring.
Scarlett and Grammy.
Lucy fell into a sort of trance as we waited to cut her cake. They're real things, cake trances.
My favorite people- my sisters, showing some extra love and devotion for Coney's. What they don't know is that this picture will be the next pic used in all of Coney's advertisements.
Go home and wash your hair, Meradith.
And we ended the night doing fireworks in the street in front of our house. I have no pictures of this event because I was being the lame mom trying to save my exhausted children from their coolest dad in the world. They'll be fine! I mean of course we have to wait until 10 because that's when it's dark outside, but a 4 year old should stay up until 10 after all day at Lagoon! It's what's best for her! And the exciting news is, I fly out of town tomorrow so you will have to deal with sleep deprived hyped-up-on-cake Lucy! This all works out perfect! I better move on because just writing this out is tempting me to call Jason and pick a fight with him about it.
Her special day was the best birthday her mind could have possibly conjured up. At this rate we'll be buying her her own beach-house for her 11th birthday.
Lucy, everyone in our family adores you. You are the best big sister in the whole world.
You've had your dad's heart in its entirety since day 1. Really. I'm old news since you came along. But I'm okay with it. Because don't you worry, I've got a special plan of revenge laid out for when you move out for college and he realizes he's growing old with ME. It's gonna be good. So don't you worry about your mom. It's gonna be a rude awakening, but I'll tell you right now, it's gonna be good.
And you've become your mom's very best little girlfriend.
Such besties. And it's good, because when I get tempted to start analyzing the Bachelorette with you or asking you if certain pants make my rear look fat, you go and do something like this to remind me you're just barely four.
I open the fridge to find an untouched cereal and milk bowl crammed into the bottom. And you tell me you're just saving it for later, and make me feel like it's idiotic for even asking what it's doing there.
Or we have conversations like this:
You just keep waiting for that magic wallet to just show up, Lucy. It'll be really somethin'.
I love you little girlfriend. I'm so happy I get to be your mom and watch you grow into the outrageously wonderful woman I know you will be. Happy Birthday Lucia Davina.





No comments:
Post a Comment