You know it's good when you open up your computer and find a Romney/Ryan apparel page that your hubby's been on in the middle of the night. I'm excited to wear my new Romney/Ryan sweatsuit that is undoubtedly on its way here. Don't you think I won't wear it, because I WILL. Our house is buzzing politics right now. And like I've said before, I enjoy my fair share of it, and enjoy staying current, but not like my husband. My husband crosses into an obsessive realm. We got into it the other night after a night of the democratic convention because A) The TV was blaring that crap for 4 hours straight (I get severely chapped any time the TV is on for that long at one time), and B) both of our irritation levels were hitting all time highs at the content of what was being blared through our house, (when I asked him how much longer he wanted it to be on, he told me, "Don't talk to me right now, I'm listening to this,"... Um, ex-squeeze me?) and C) Because we are conservatives and unless you are masochistic, you just shouldn't listen. Oh, and D) My mother was in town and had also had enough politics so every time she came around she was running from room to room covering her ears blabbing Lah-Lah-Lah-Lah. And seeing my poor mother in this state added further chapping. So, naturally, a scuffle ensued shortly after. And I told him he was being self-centered and if he wanted to listen to that for 15 hours straight, he needed to plug his headphones into his iPad and not hold everyone else in the house captive. Or go upstairs to the other TV. And that maybe other people in the house wanted to watch something different. And he told me he doesn't listen every single night, there was just a few speeches he wanted to hear, and that he was entitled to watch it if he wanted to. So we went back and forth for a minute. And then he followed me into our bedroom and pointing to the wall, was like, "If you want to watch something else, come in here. This TV works perfectly fine." Except for the fact that he was pointing to a blank wall. Because you see, we moved that TV upstairs FIVE MONTHS ago. And I stared blankly at where he was pointing and said, "Are you being serious?"and then he looked over to said blank wall, and slowly lowered his pointing arm, and said, "Oh, yeah." and then we both started laughing. Except I wasn't ready to be done being irritated, so mine was more of a strained chortle. Because I was really trying not to laugh you see. I wasn't done being chapped. And normally one good hard laugh blows the whole thing. If you can control your laughter when funny things happen, you can stay mad for much longer. And that's where the fun really is.
But sometimes you can't help yourself. Don't you hate when that happens!? It happens to us a lot. And then we're both Jerry-Seinfelding it. (The verb, "to Jerry-Seinfeld", is to hold your face in that awkward expression that comes just before you burst into laughter, when you're trying not to. Like he's doing in every episode.)
We made up, in case you were wondering. Arguing with hubby is much better than it used to be, because we are both over it in 2.3 seconds, not like when we were newlyweds and every little scuffle about me using his razor to shave my legs required a bouquet of flowers and poetry. At the same time, I sort of miss those days. Actually, come to think of it, I'm bringing those days back dang it. I'm holding grudges again. Those were the days. Those were some dramatic days.
Okay. So, lemme tell you, this computer taunts me. I have blog posts floating around in my head; things I need to document, things I need to get off my chest. And this computer and I, we have conversations about this all. I walk into the room where it's sitting, I try to avoid eye contact, but inevitably we still have these same conversations. Like this: Computer: What have you done for YOU lately, Meradith? Come sit with me for a little while and write up a little bliggity-blog post. You'll feel better about life. Let your kids smear your make-up on the walls and throw cold chicken nuggets at them when they ask for food. It'll be worth it. Me: Stop acting like you know me so well. I told you I hate it when you call it a bliggity-blog post. It's not catchy, or convenient. Not working for you. Computer: Touchy, touchy. I just know you love to write and sometimes you feel like nothing about your life has anything to do with YOU, so it's pretty therapeutic for you. Me: Ya know what?? My kids are gonna be going away to college before I know it! This is the only window of time I have with them as tiny little babes. It's flying by already so just back off. There's a time and a season for everything. Computer: Whatever you say. When's the last time you showered? Or is that too much for all of us to ask? Me: You don't even know what it's like to be me! Do you know how many wipe-ups I use a day? Well... I guess...not on myself, but that kind of frequency counts for something. Look, stop pressuring me. I have a lot on my plate, like all the time. And ya know what else? That wide screen monitor was a bad "upgrade" choice by apple. Most unflattering move, tubbalard. Computer: You shut-cher mouth when you're talkin' to me, saddle bags. Do you know how much I do for you? Do you know what your creative outlet would be without me??? Probably with the different ways you wrap up your kids poopy diapers.
But sometimes you can't help yourself. Don't you hate when that happens!? It happens to us a lot. And then we're both Jerry-Seinfelding it. (The verb, "to Jerry-Seinfeld", is to hold your face in that awkward expression that comes just before you burst into laughter, when you're trying not to. Like he's doing in every episode.)
We made up, in case you were wondering. Arguing with hubby is much better than it used to be, because we are both over it in 2.3 seconds, not like when we were newlyweds and every little scuffle about me using his razor to shave my legs required a bouquet of flowers and poetry. At the same time, I sort of miss those days. Actually, come to think of it, I'm bringing those days back dang it. I'm holding grudges again. Those were the days. Those were some dramatic days.
Okay. So, lemme tell you, this computer taunts me. I have blog posts floating around in my head; things I need to document, things I need to get off my chest. And this computer and I, we have conversations about this all. I walk into the room where it's sitting, I try to avoid eye contact, but inevitably we still have these same conversations. Like this: Computer: What have you done for YOU lately, Meradith? Come sit with me for a little while and write up a little bliggity-blog post. You'll feel better about life. Let your kids smear your make-up on the walls and throw cold chicken nuggets at them when they ask for food. It'll be worth it. Me: Stop acting like you know me so well. I told you I hate it when you call it a bliggity-blog post. It's not catchy, or convenient. Not working for you. Computer: Touchy, touchy. I just know you love to write and sometimes you feel like nothing about your life has anything to do with YOU, so it's pretty therapeutic for you. Me: Ya know what?? My kids are gonna be going away to college before I know it! This is the only window of time I have with them as tiny little babes. It's flying by already so just back off. There's a time and a season for everything. Computer: Whatever you say. When's the last time you showered? Or is that too much for all of us to ask? Me: You don't even know what it's like to be me! Do you know how many wipe-ups I use a day? Well... I guess...not on myself, but that kind of frequency counts for something. Look, stop pressuring me. I have a lot on my plate, like all the time. And ya know what else? That wide screen monitor was a bad "upgrade" choice by apple. Most unflattering move, tubbalard. Computer: You shut-cher mouth when you're talkin' to me, saddle bags. Do you know how much I do for you? Do you know what your creative outlet would be without me??? Probably with the different ways you wrap up your kids poopy diapers.
And then I get right up in its face like this.
Well we made up, too. And here I am loving this computer again. And taking back all of those mean things I said. I love the big monitor. I love it a lot.
Okay, so the first part of this post has made me sound like a serious bully in my house. Scuffles with hubby, scuffles with inanimate objects. Let's switch things up a bit. Let's talk about Isla June's blessing day, July 29th. I know I know, it's already been 6 weeks, but I really can't control how hectic and fast our lives are passing. Good news is, no scuffling on this here day. No siree. What a wonderful day indeed.

Well we made up, too. And here I am loving this computer again. And taking back all of those mean things I said. I love the big monitor. I love it a lot.
Okay, so the first part of this post has made me sound like a serious bully in my house. Scuffles with hubby, scuffles with inanimate objects. Let's switch things up a bit. Let's talk about Isla June's blessing day, July 29th. I know I know, it's already been 6 weeks, but I really can't control how hectic and fast our lives are passing. Good news is, no scuffling on this here day. No siree. What a wonderful day indeed.
Aunty Bethany and her babies were able to be here from Arizona, and Lucy sobbed and sobbed when they took off. So sad for us all. :(
This Isla baby has been the most sublimely angelic child. Truly. I have had three angel babies in a row. But I think this one might take the cake. Actually, I'm not sure if she really is the best baby because I can't compare them all at her age, I can only compare them all now. We've lucked out in a big way. Bottom line: her temperament is too good to be true. She is the most smily, easy-going little morsel. I can't even begin to get enough of her. I'm so thankful she came to our family.
And her blessing was wonderful and so tender. She has marvelous things ahead of her in this life.
Stay tuned for more, because there's a lots, lots more where this came from. We are happy and well.

No comments:
Post a Comment