Monday, October 29, 2012

Half a year come and gone.

Seriously, I'm becoming a bad blogger. I gotta be more regular. I mean, one of my serious new year's resolutions this year was more blogging, less parenting. But the funny thing is, Jason was called into the bishopric a few months ago and it's amazing how little spare time I thought he had before that happened. Which is a translation for my spare time of course; time without littles crawling all over me, crawling inside my clothes, crawling onto my shoulders. But let me tell you something magical. Isla and Scarlett are both napping right now and Lucy is at preschool. My dryer is beeping at me, full of fully dried clothes that need folding and my sink is overflowing with dirty dishes. And here I am with you. What a good person I am. So selfless.

Point is, my Isla June is 6 months old today. So I'm sorry for all you baby haters out there that don't like reading blogs that have to do with peoples' kids. I'm sorry for those of you who are tuning in hoping I will complain to you about my husband or give you some rich fantastic piece of gossip. I do like blogging about those things. But I gotta give this girl some spotlight for a minute. Because she is the BEST. BABY. WHO'S. EVER. LIVED. ON. PLANET. EARTH. Waaaaaaay better than any of your babies are, ever were or ever will be.

I know what you're thinking. That I'm smug. And maybe I am a little.

Okay so 1. I don't really think you hate babies. But maybe you do? I hope not. Creep. 2. Case in point of my slight defensiveness in above paragraph: the status of a offspring-less guy I went to high school with went like this the other day: "Does it bug anyone else when you go to someone's facebook photos and all that's in there is a bunch of pictures of their kids? I didn't come here to look at your kids. I came here to see if you've gotten fat since high school."

I laughed good and hard about that. And then I immediately went through my FB pics and counted how many were of my kids. And then got out my pics from high school and compared them to now to see if I've "gotten fat" since then.

Just kidding, but I did tell him I wouldn't be offended if he blocked me because there were too many pics of my repulsive children in his newsfeed. In fact, I would never know if he blocked me, or defriended me. But I get where he's coming from. I get it, I get it. 

Having said that, isn't she sublime?!?!

She started eating rice cereal a couple weeks ago. I really don't want her to start eating real foods, is that bad? I just don't have time for it. Nursing is so easy and convenient. I heard it just gets difficult when they go to kindergarten. 
She wore this expression for 95% of the time. Not the biggest fan. 

I don't really have time to bathe her either. But she gets loved on all day and all night. And that's the important thing here folks. As far as I've heard, no one's ever died of going several days smelling like spit up with no baths. I mean, I'm livin' through it, aren't I?

I want to tell you about so many things happening right now. I want to tell you about Nessa coming to town for 2 weeks last month, I want to show you the hundreds of pictures of our magnificent trees this time of year, I want to tell you about the first round of Halloween parties (mind-blowing) we attended over the weekend. But I just can't commit to those blog posts. Not just yet anyway. There will inevitably be a Halloween post I can commit to a few pics of this baby sis of ours along with all the mommy cliches (TRUTHS) of what it's like raising babies and how fast time flies. And I can give you the link to the post Vanessa wrote about her trip to Utah, even though it's against my best judgement. She basically says everything about it that I would anyway, minus our contortionist photos. So, here it is.  

And here's a little of the Autumn magic around these here parts: season's first snowfall. 
 Hard to believe that this was the demanded attire shortly thereafter. Snow was gone by noon. 
 Another one of that Isla June. She's so cherubic and perfect. 
 Here's the three sissies watching a Halloween movie together. Texas Chainsaw massacre I think it was. 
 And I'll go ahead and wrap this up with this very strange shot of Barbie and Ken directly after their wedding ceremony, when Lucy was so overcome with joyful emotion that she pounced on poor little Isla like a tomcat. Isla, too was overcome with emotion. Obviously. Weird things go down in our house.
But we are good and healthy and happy. Happy 6 months to a perfect addition to our family. Now to dishes. And to address the fact that my kids have been calling me, "Grandma" all day. Because I made the mistake of pointing out that I was the Grammy of their baby dolls.

4 comments:

janeytop said...

Isla looks so much like Jesse in that second picture.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

you are absolutely hilarious. i loved this post.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

I miss all of this...when can we hang again before all of the holiday craziness?

Mike Roberts said...

I love the photo of the girls sitting in the window watching the falling snow -- so peaceful yet you can see the excitement and curiosity. Your prose is so fun to read, and your excitement about your family is palpable. Keep it up.