Monday, January 21, 2008

I am sorry! I suck at this! I am getting lot's of crap from my professional blogger girlfriends, and I'm sorry. Anyone who stumbles across our blog will likely not see changes for months at a time. I'm lame, and I just totally forget about it. I have good excuses though, the pregnancy has made me more spacey than usual, and I'm taking a full load this semester. Speaking of pregnancy, I had a few really good days and stupidly started bragging it up about how I only had 3 weeks or so of morning sickness and how I just feel great and then I promptly started throwing up again. Spoke too soon. dang it. Still sick, but it's hit and miss now, which is strangely both better and worse than being consistent. Anyways, this little darling is 13 weeks along and doing great. We are super excited and I think Jason may be even more baby hungry than I am. He's so cute:) We weren't really supposed to have an ultrasound this early but the doctor couldn't find the little heart beat, so we lucked out and got to take a picture home. He/she is only about 3 inches long at this point, and it was the most surreal thing in my life to see how much movement is going on in there because I can't feel a THING and am not showing at all. (PS I hate the "he/she" thing, so I will be referring to baby as he or she, depending on my mood.) I'm still wearing the same clothes and for the first time in my life I wish I couldn't fit in them anymore. Something crazy goes on during the first pregnancy and you just want to look pregnant because you think the other big and pregnant women are so dang cute. I heard that changes though when it actually becomes you, so I'll keep you posted! We can find out the sex in a little over a month, and I can honestly say there is absolutely no preference. Just one or the other, not both. Seeing her for the first time was a tender moment we shared that we'll never forget. Here is the first shot of junior that we have! Boldly and beautifully bearing herself to the world!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her already she is such a litttle peanut:) I too will call your baby what I am in the mood for and right now I am thinking Berlin needs a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend.
I love you Meraboo I am so excited for this little one! You will be such a great momma!

Tyson and Marie said...

Looks like you two are having a blast! Congrats again on the new addition to your family! That is so exciting. You both will make great parents. I love your blog and pictures! Keep posting:)

Marie Young

stacy h. said...

i love how much you have posted since the last time i checked, nice job mera!! your little babe looks cute in there. :)

Frankman's said...

HOORAY for ultrasounds! They are the coolest thing ever! :-)

jodeeharris said...

I'm really happy about this new developement (in your uterus). Avery and I are crossing our fingers you are having a girl! (Too many boyfriends already.) Glad you are doing so well! We missed you at craft night-- Haven't heard any of your funny stories in TOO long!!!

T is for Teresa said...

Congrats to you and Jason. Love that you are blogging a bit more. I hope you can start feeling less puky soon...

jodeeharris said...

Haha, Meradith, I just read your funny story on my blog--you are a hilarious embarrasment! Don't feel bad, I barfed on a main aisle in bed bath & beyond when I was pregnant and had to crouch down and clean it up with paper towels because I felt so bad. People just kept walking on by. It really IS worth it though!

Truly and Shane said...

Meradith! I'm so glad you found me! I really am! You know--- I saw you at the grocery store last week and I was so close to coming up to you and saying hi BUT I didn't (which is so not like me).... I just wasn't sure if you knew who I was. Then I thought to myself I wonder if they're pregnant. TADA, answer to my question on your blog!! I'm so happy for you guys. I really really am. I know that may sound weird coming from someone you don't even know too well but I've known Jason forever; and I cannot tell you how happy I am for this little one to come to your home. He'll be the best daddy in the world. I know it! Also, I'm sure you'll be an amazing mom because you have no idea how many people have told me how great "the girl" Jason married is. I've never heard one bad thing about you :) By the way... I think you're having a girl! It just seems to fit with Jason. He's good with girls. We hope to have kids soon too. We're planning on doing Invitro in April. Anyhow- I love your pictures you two are adorable and look so freaking happy. I can see it in your faces! Take care, say hello to J XOXOXO *TRU