
So, I’ve had an epiphany. I finally figured out who my little baby girl is reminding me of. Lucia is becoming one of the most smiley and cooey babies. She has found her voice! And it is quite possibly the cutest thing ON EARTH. She is eleven weeks old today, and if you are wondering how long I will count her age in weeks, don’t ask me because I just can’t answer that for you. She smiles for me and for Jason all day, and she is particularly excited in the morning, nose scrunches way up…arms and legs flailing every which way. However, I have realized something. She likes to make a fool of her mother. On several occasions, I tell my girlfriends or family members… “You’ve gotta see Lucy’s smile, it is the best! She’s really getting bubbly!” Then, without fail, she has it down to an art… she is blank-stare baby when people (with great anticipation) tune into her. No expression at all. She just shuts right on down. I do the exact same tricks I do for her when we are alone that make her reel with enthusiasm. I do the tricks when we are with anyone else… and I make a fool of myself! She apparently is NOT amused. Then the person turns around, thinking, "Gosh what an unhappy baby and horrible mother..." I lean down real close to her and ask, “you think that’s funny?” and BOOM! Back in business folks, the smile practically explodes back onto her face.
Anyway, you remember this old Warner Brothers cartoon, right? With the frog who sings and dances only for the one guy? And he ends up being admitted to a mental institution because of it? Hilarious. Man cartoons used to be funny, didn't they?!?
Here are a few shots that some of you have seen...she is quite divine on the Sabbath!










14 comments:
oh mer, she's BEAUTIFUL!! i love that her hands and feet are all out of focus, i have tons of pictures of max like that - i love to watch babies kick and kick a mile a minute. she's getting SO BIG!! we need to hang out. how are you handling school and mothering? are you surviving??!
That IS so funny. Kids never perform when we want them to... she is too cute!!
She's so beautiful!
She is so cute. I love that girl. She is getting so big! I bet I can get her to smile the next time i see her... she loves her Aunt Becky.
So Meradeth don't get mad but I have been secretly reading your blog ever since I found Becky lou's blog. I am so happy for you and Jason, Lucy is adorable! Actually more than adorable she is a beauty and I couldn't be happier for you! I seriously think you are amazing and I am so happy that Jason has you!
She is so adorable. Oh my goodness. It is so much fun huh....
I love the mid-yawn pic.
quincy is dead silent around people but at home for her mom and dad she is a cricus! :) can i come over? i need to see little lu.
She is SO cute! You dress her fantastically too! Hope you are loving every second of being a mother!
you never fail...your posts are so fun to read. it must be all kids because carter was the same way. what a doll!
oh! she is a doll!
She is so stinkin cute! I love all your hilarious blog posts. Thanks for your cute comment. We are so excited to have a baby! We will find out what it is next month:) I was pretty sick but now I am feeling MUCH better. You will have to give me parenting tips. We miss you as always. Keep us updated!
Oh my gosh I too have a singing frog! She is so entertaining but when I try to show her off she shuts down and start saying goo goo gag gag :)
By the way Lucy girl is so adorable I can't wait to see her again, I love her so much!
Post a Comment