Tuesday, November 4, 2008

La locura en nuestra casa

The other night I started chasing Jason around the kitchen. We happen to have a good sized bar and island in our kitchen, and these things have created an ideal location for husband chasing. Round and around we go. Stop, turn around, start chasing him in the opposite direction, round and around we continue. You might be asking yourself why I was chasing him. However, I feel the more appropriate inquiry would be why he was running from me. Regardless, on about our fifth time rounding the bar, I thought, "Gosh, I'm going to eat it." The very moment that thought occurred to me, it all happened in slow motion. My left foot kicked the chair with unbelievable force at the table. Pain shot through my foot and up my leg. I heard the chair crash backwards to the floor. My frame doubled over, wincing in agony, a curse word may or may not have escaped me... arms in airplane wing position in attempt to regain balance; momentum not slowing, face getting dangerously close to the hardwood floor. And then it happened. Face- plant into the lower part of the refrigerator, body toppling down after me. As I lay there, my life flashed before my eyes. I saw a white light, and I remembered being a small child in our house in Idaho Falls, my older brothers calling me a boy because of my short hair...turning to cry as I fled... I saw myself as a little girl fling that baseball bat so hard into the air and watch it soar and ping Vanessa in the head (accident)... and the horror I felt as she started to cry and my dad came out to see what had happened... I remembered momentarily forgetting Bethany's horrible sunburn and slapping her back so hard, and scrambling to my feet to run the heck out of there before she could catch me... as scenes from my childhood continued to flash... I realized it was the flash of the camera, as my dear husband stood over me, always waiting and ready for an opportune time to capture my finest moments in life.

While the part about my life flashing before my eyes is not exactly true, nor the part about seeing a white light, writing this post has sure made me think of some fun memories. I was positive I broke a few toes, but it turns out I didn't. Surprisingly enough, I am pretty much fully recovered by now.




Did I mention how big of a crush I have? Oh man.




I got it bad for her.




Aimei, these pics are for you, since you were the donator of the shoes.



And Allyson, this one's for you, because I remember you posting something similar of Max. They are meant to be.


7 comments:

Frankman's said...

It's true, they are meant to be, they could kick their way into eternity!! :-) I'm sorry to hear about your toes! I love that Jason started taking pictures - that's so awesome!

Jill Wilson said...

She is so cute! Those are great pics of her!

Unknown said...

Wow Mera seriously...I can't believe you were a sunburn slapper! Why didn't you mention jumping on Bethany's back when you got really mad at her one time that one was really funny or punching Amber in the arm or getting the biggest round brush stuck in my long hair...I'm sure you will have many more of these comments from your friends and sibblings!
I hope you feel better and I am so glad it was only a toe that was scraped:)

I too have a huge crush...oh Lucia how your crazy legs make me fall in love with you all over again!

Unknown said...

She is so cute, I love her little chunks....in my opinion, the chunkier and more rolls....THE BETTER, and CUTER they are! She is a doll.

stacy h. said...

those do sound like fun memoriesmere...you forgot the one where you slapped vanessa on the trampoline and there is a video to prove it! hahaha, we should start recording things when we hang out like the good ol' days. :) and oh, that lucy...love her.

Handsfullmom said...

LOVE all the kicking. She gets cuter every day.

Tiff said...

She is growing up so fast! What a sweet little girl you have.