Monday, November 24, 2008

So much to tell so little time

It's weird I keep thinking that things are about to slow down. Like relaxation time is right around the corner. But no! I'm seriously gonna be a grannie before I know it... I'll be sitting in my rocker... telling Jason to turn the TV down and turn his hearing aid up... and I'll wonder where our lives have gone. How did the years pass so quickly? Scary. How can anyone with the ability to recognize any ounce of logic in the universe believe that this life is the end? What a sad belief. Or lack of belief.

Lucy hit her four month mark yesterday. I shed a tear of pride and joy. Her most recent discoveries are her thumb (mostly to suck) and her feet... which I assume will also serve for sucking very shortly. She is almost sleeping through the night, but it doesn't even matter because I wake up every few hours to peer at her anyway. I love being a mother. I was born to mother. I had not even a glimpse of how true that was until she arrived!




Jason and I went and spent a night up at the Chateau at Deer Valley last weekend and it was most superb. Topping it off with dinner at Ruth's Chris, it doesn't get better than that! Thank you NorthStar Crew! What a thoughtful gesture. If we'd have known you reserved a full condo, we would have invited you all to come along! I know you meant it to be a romantic getaway but man it was so nice that Jason and I each had our own bedroom. That was the nicest thing you could have done for us. (Just kidding. Sad! haha.) But really this place slept eight people. Crazy.




So, I'm a Jazz fan. Love the Jazz. A couple weeks ago we went up to this signing party with the players. It was fun, but about half way through the event, my feathers got a little ruffled and my pride most definitely crept in. I spent the last little while looking around thinking about what these guys had really done to deserve to be the idols of all these little kids. What kind of fathers are you? What kind of husbands? What kind of moral code do you live by? How kind are you to people when no cameras are around? I'm not saying that all of them live up to their professional athlete stereotype... I'm sure some are good hubbys and dads. But, you catch my drift. Sad about society. Then again I am a participator of all the hype so I guess I can't point the finger. At any rate, when we got up to Deron Williams I gave him a signed photo of me and thanked him for coming. His expression was a little awkward for a moment but I think as he looked over my autographed picture, deep down he felt immense gratitude.

6 comments:

Court and Brade said...

Luc really is getting so big... yet she is still a tiny lil' thing. She is so cute though and is smilin more and more huh! I LOVE that YOU LOVE being a mom. That's how it SHOULD be! You're amazing Meraboo :)

About Me said...

Don't you love that Lucy's sucks her thumb? My little Owen does too and its the best thing ever! So how did you get so lucky to chill with some of the Jazz players? Do you and Jason have season tickets? So fun! So when am I going to see you chica?

Handsfullmom said...

Meradith, can I have your autograph?

Lucy is adorable in those pictures! You were certainly meant to be a mom.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Mer, you are such a FREAK!!! I love your blogs...they always make me laugh!!! Will you sign one of the photos I secretly blew up of you whilst I was stalking you?!

stacy h. said...

4 months???? i am so mad. quince is 8 months!!!! these little girls need to STAY little babies. she is as cute as ever mere.

Sarah said...

I feel the same way about being a mother. You say things so well. Isn't being a mom also the scariest thing you've ever done? The stakes just keep getting higher in this life.