Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Out with the old, on with the new

Before I get into the post, my sister just read it for editing and will not stop her mocking. Out with the old and ON with the new?? She's like "Why would it be out and on you idiot!? It's OUT and IN!! hahahaha!! Why don't you just say 'Out with the old and we'll get started on something new' or 'make like a tree and get outta here!' You moron!" I kept trying to defend myself, "I'm sorry, baby sister... I just made a mistake. I sometimes do that in my life. I know it's disappointing to you... I'm sorry..." but she just wouldn't stop degrading me.
She's a mean, mean person... and for that- I am leaving it Out with the old and ON with the new.

A quick note about the new year. Can't believe we are into 2009. I can't. I remember *just yesterday* being at a party, new years 2000, and these two guys were getting into each others faces...shouting fighting words at each other. (I guess it was quite some time ago- one of those dreadful high school parties where most of the people were drunk.) I just remember one of the guys' friends grabbing him and pulling him aside and being like, "Come on man! You can't fight tonight!! It's the MILLENNIUM dude!! It's the millennium!!" and just kept repeating that same thing over and over, until both agreed that they shouldn't be fighting, but loving! Brandi, you no doubt remember looking at each other and busting up laughing after witnessing that. Speaking of, why did we think we were so cool in high school? Why did we think high school was the mecca of the world and seeing past it was just not possible? Weird.

Back to the new year. 2008 was historical for our family. I'm in denial that it's wrapped itself up. Our numbers went from 2 to 3, the most monumental happening by far. Lucy has changed the world forever. My parents recieved 3 new grandbabies. We moved into our first house. I finished my bachelor's degree. Lucy had her first major trip across the ocean. Jason finally got his GED. I can't think of anything else to say. I keep shouting at my husband, "What else happened in 2008?! You can't think of anything??" but to no avail. He is watching Saved by the Bell on TBS and will not tolerate interruptions. (That was a joke about getting his GED by the way.) I wonder what 2009 will bring us. The beginning of a new year is always an exciting re-birth. I don't want time to go by so quickly. I want to savor this time with my little daughter and husband so much.

2 comments:

candicetheresa said...

Thank you for giving me an ab workout each time I visit, since I fail to do intentional ab workouts on my own. I owe much to you and your blogging talent. (Or maybe oweing much would imply I have a six pack? Um, no, but not because your blogging is insufficient. It's the carbs! It's always the carbs!)

Unknown said...

We were COOL Mera overalls and all!!! HAHAHA Michael still makes fun of me...whatever he was a dork in HS what does he know! ANyway I totally don't remember the fighting boys but I am laughing at the comment so I'm sure it was hilarious then too!
Also I'm missing my Lucia bring her to me this spring when my house is done and we will have a girl slumber party!