Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Random.

I have been a very lame blogger lately. Lame, indeed. It's just that I have no good material. I got nothin. Sure, I could simply document all that's going on in our lives... every new little thing Lucy is doing...the little summer jaunts we are taking...every out-of-place hair that I pluck (I found my very first gray the other day) but I'd at least like to do it in a spicy way... entertain you, if you will. (And I think you will.) Man I'd hate to really be a stand up comedian. What do they do when their minds go completely blank?? And how do you know when what's in your mind will really produce big laughs from your audience?? I mean, I've had some hilarious things roll around in my mind before, things that have made me laugh out loud, but there have been times, when Jason asks me what it is I am chuckling about... I tell him, and sometimes (few and far beween) he doesn't laugh- in fact sometimes he doesn't even smile. He might just tell me, "not funny," and I'll say, "Really? Are you sure it's not?" I wonder if he's just jealous though, that I thought of the funny thing and not him. Anyway- despite the fact that I don't really have anything funny to say, I figure I'd update anyway on our most recent occurrences. I hate to say it, but it's mostly for documentation purposes and not so much to entertain you.

First of all! Meet my adorable friend Candice, who is expecting her second little one, her first little girl. Our love story is one for the books, she was my teacher in the MTC... I thought her spanish was amazing and her lessons even better... she thought my missionary bob was really something... and the rest is history. She is really, really great. So, we had to shower her with love and gifts. Lots of fun women=lots of fun.
Second of all! I had my first piano recital since I was about 12 years old! Hooray for me. I was the one and only big person among many 6 and 7 year-olds. I have always loved to play and have been wanting to get back into piano lessons for YEARS, and finally have, and I am loving it... except the fact that my wonderful teacher Courtney is moving to Boston this Thursday. Anyone know any good teachers?

I even played the entire piece with my eyes closed to add to the effect... I may have even swayed a little Stevie Wonder style.

Third of all! The car show at Thanksgiving Point!
After the car show, we sortof snuck around and snapped a few shots, I'm pretty sure we were supposed to have purchased a pass to take them, but come on people! Your gardens are not too good for us! We only had to dive into the bushes 3 times to hide from the picture patrol.

7 comments:

jenna said...

this is a great update. i dont know what you are talking about. amazing to talk to you today. lots of love coming your way. i know an amazing piano teacher right there in provo. kalo latu. she's the best! and i love the pic of you playing, you look so happy :)

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I admire that you are taking piano lessons. That is something I want to do again. Good for you!

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Man, you guys always take such cute family pics...my question is...who takes them?! We DO have to get together...I'll even bring the TaterTwister!!!

candicetheresa said...

How cool are you that you had your piano recital!!! And thank you for posting your love for me. It is real love, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome that you are taking up piano again. good for you!

Requel said...

Meradith, I came across your blog from the Mcbrides. Yes, I'm a blog stalker. Anyway, I went to skyline with Brandon. My name is Requel Lewis (Bowman). Not sure if you remember me. I think you worked at The Apple Athletic club in IF...right? I was also friends with Nick Chornos. Ringing a bell? Anyway, that was forever ago but I just thought I'd say hi and that your little family is adorable. Lucy is gorgeous!

Danarae and Joshua Macey said...

awww...mera!! I'm so proud of you!! remember when I use to ask you and vanessa to play the Entertainer for me? Hope that is the correct name? haha. I just got a keyboard and want to learn!! actually it's been sitting in our living room for a while and I still haven't learned yet-like sitting for a year...I'm ashamed to even admit that. haha. anyways, I'm so proud of you. you were always a great player!! love you!! xoxo