This weekend we gathered in from our various locations and spent two nights together in Park City. A much needed rendezvous. No husbands and no babies. Just shopping, eating, reminiscing and story telling. Latest I've stayed up since... before I was married I think. There is something about being around people who knew you when you were a little girl. Something about that history that bonds you in a unique way. And something about it that really makes me feel 15. Brandi, Remi and I have been BFs since we were 11. Courtney and Stacy since they were 3. Somehow we meshed together (threw Amber in the mix) in junior high and have been making each other pee-pants laugh since.
I'm sorry girls. I had to post it. This beaut was taken 10 years ago. At Sears. Because I was going away for a semester and it was the end of the world. So glad we didn't peak in high school, especially our hair. :) Who decided on turtle necks??
We speak English, Spanish, French and Albanian. We are Mormon, Episcopalian, and Christian. We are nurses, anchor women, hair stylists, underwriters, health educators, mothers and mothers-to-be. We are college graduates. We have slumber partied together and made up many a dance routine. We've snuck out of the house together, (and been caught together), have kissed the same boys a time or two over the years, and have worn out a dance floor over and over again together. We have argued and yelled at each other, have stolen each others cars and clothes, have drive-by-late-night stalked each other, and have drive-by-late-night stalked boys together. We've butted heads about politics and sports and have given each other a few dead arms over the years. We've introduced some of us to our husbands, we've married together, had babies together, adopted babies together, and faced terrible tragedy together. We have cried together (so oft), have laughed together (more oft) and have cried from laughing together many, many times over. I love these women. I'm so proud of the people we have become. We had so much fun.
8 comments:
the sears picture? you really just did that to all of us? mera! so hideous...ROLLING at court's hair! (sorry court.)
this weekend was so fun. i love you girls, my sisters! i haven't laughed so hard in a while. OR stayed up so late. (4 AM amber?)
i tell people all the time how lucky i was to have such great girlfriends growing up...and still have them!!
can we please have another sleepover soon? :)
Oh my gosh I love this post. Those pictures of Amber, Stace an Court in laughing sequence are perfect! I wish I would have been there to REALLY bring the party together! Little sister tagging along thinking she's REAL cool hanging out with the big girls. Story of my life. You're all such beauties!
YAY!! I'm so glad you made it! What a blessing to still have these wonderful friends!
Talk about a good-looking group of amazing gals! I think 3 of the 6 of you are pregnant together right now, thats neat you are still so close.
mer! call me i need your number.
your posts lately have been the cream of the crop. seriously peeing my pants. especially at your hair. annie lennox all the way.
thx for the love mera... posting the sears pic.. ha ha i LOVE it. Yes, I had the most FAB hair... too bad you can't see the back side of it... all spiky and dike-ish. can i say that :)???? it's true though.. it was some bad hair... but look at all of us, especially our makeup... brandi and stace, look at all your purple tones. yep, we were beauties. haha and yep, it was the end of the world when you left us for 4 months!
this post was awesome mer... you said it all just PERFECT. I LOVED IT. What an amazing weekend it was. i loved every second of it and am sad that it came and went so fast ... dang.. hope we can all get together soon for bran's baby shower.
next time i'm home, i'm FOR SURE pullin' out some old classic photos of all of us.
What a sweet post :)
I'm glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment