To play it safe I must assure you that I have not given birth to our daughter yet. And she is not African-American. That would be genetically impossible. I say this because I am continuing through the grapevine to hear aunts and family members and friends are spreading the word, "Did you hear Meradith and Jason had their baby?? I saw it on their blog!" So for the record, I am still pleasantly plump as ever, with the same shooting pains, same bladder deficiency, same grunting and waddling and generally, same furrowed brow upon face.
So, indulge me for just a moment. Let's say Jason has a sister. He has 4 sisters whom I love and adore, but this story is strictly hypothetical. We'll call her... oh I don't know... Toni or something. And for the story's sake, (but remember, totally hypothetical), we'll say she looks something like this: (except, not always with a helmet on).
Heck, let's get creative and throw in that she was Jason's very closet sibling growing up and that they were pretty mischievous together. And let's say she read my last post, (the April fools post), and didn't realize it was a joke until calling another sister and hearing said other sister say (while wondering why Toni wasn't seeing the humor in it), "I didn't know it was a joke until I saw the picture". Let's say up until that point, Toni was still feeling confused and all alone; slighted and hurt that she was hearing the news of the arrival of her new little niece through an internet blog at the same time as many complete strangers. And let's say, in defending herself for believing that the wee lass in the photo she had seen was indeed the genetic product of her very own, very Caucasian brother and sister-in-law, she simply said, "I just thought it was a weird angle." If this happened to you after posting an April fools joke of the nature that I did, you would probably feel the need to follow up as well. Not saying that it did in fact happen, just hypothetically if it did.
Here is a photo of our Lucia 3 hours after coming into the world:
And again, here is a photo of the little sweetheart that I was claiming to be her biological little sister:
Other than a little puffiness, I can't see much resemblance. So I'll say it again. If people (I won't say names) indeed believed this second babe was our biological child, you would feel the need to follow up, also.
We are still anxiously awaiting her arrival. :) Family dear, you will not be hearing about it for the first time on the blog.



6 comments:
HAHAHAHA!!!! Love the hypothetical situation! I wish I really did have a sister named Toni. :)
I had to tell you that after I talked with you this afternoon, I got an email from a cousin who said she'd been talking to her sister and they were just marveling at how the doctor missed that I was having twins and talking about how in the world I was going to handle twins again, and etc.
The funny thing is, I have very little contact with either of them and had NO idea they even looked at my blog!!! I guess I'll have to be a bit more obvious the next time I play an April Fool's joke.
So I'm the strange lady at Walmart who confessed her secret crush on you and your blog! I have hesitated to ever make comments because then you'll look at my blog and see what a boring blogger I am!! Even your apology to "Toni" is hillarious!! How I wish the sarcastic silliness would roll off my tongue (or fingers) as it does yours...
You can mention to Jason that our 20 year reunion (yes he/we are really that old) has been planned and he can get more info at: www.grangerhigh1990.blogspot.com
I look forward to your posts, no need to add pressure! when you're not so busy being a mommy... you should write for a paper!!
Well I was very excited when I saw the title of your OG post. Then I saw the pic and after a few seconds of confusion I realized what was going on. You prankster- hehehe :) But on a serious note, get having that behbeh soon!! (That is how me and Caleb say baby)
Haha, JD and I shared some laughs still with this one! That pic, seriously cracks me up everytime I see it! Can't believe you even had to follow up ;)
Oh Toni. Just sittin' there smilin' away in yer wee little helmet.
Always wearin' that wee little helmet...
Post a Comment