Does this delicious little beaut look familiar to anyone?
Cuz it looks familiar to me. Real familiar. In fact, I think I've sunken my teeth into it many a time over and What-About Bobbed it every single time doing so. (You know the scene). I think my husband may have in fact given birth to this burger. And we couldn't be more proud or more excited!
That's right people. Coney's made the cover of Salt Lake magazine this month! Those of you who are FB BFFs with us might already know this, but among other exciting news is the second Coney's location we are opening up in American Fork, (right off the Main Street freeway exit) scheduled to open next month. The new location will be called Coney's Frozen Custard and gourmet dogs. (The dogs are coming to the Orem location too, don't you worry.) In fact, I was involved in some taste testing this week and can tell you these dogs will blow your mind. So to those of you hot dog fans out there - and I'm not talkin' Oscar Meyer crap - you better get ready. Because it's coming. Comin' to get you. In your sleep, with a knife in its hand. Just kidding. But it might.
It's crazy in our house right now. I feel for that husband and that father-in-law of mine. They are working 'round the clock these days. While Jason is home (a rarity), he's walking around with glazed over eyes, muttering things like, gotta be the Nathan's all beef... and freezing barrel mixes... smaller ice crystals... velvety smooth deliciousness under his breath. And he's become narcoleptic. The poor chap will sit down for a mere 2.5 minutes reading books like "The E myth Revisited" and this will immediately follow:
It would definitely put me to sleep too. When he's like this, it happens to be my favorite time to evaluate our marriage together and talk about feelings. This picture was taken 30 seconds ago in fact, so I think I'll go nudge him a little, give him a loud psssssst close to his ear, and ask him how he feels he's doing in the "meeting my wife's needs" department. Cuz I'm a good wife like that and I gotta keep us in check.
Anyway, if you haven't checked out Coney's, please be my guest:
And then go directly there and order a peanut butter burst. Oh my. Or wait for cherry amaretto cheesecake to be up as the flavor of the day. Or Coconut Joy. And get a cheeseburger. And a gourmet dog. And tell them you read this blog and you will get a lifetime supply of mayonnaise packets. Just go ahead over to the condiments station and pack your purse full of them... but don't let them see you do it. On second thought, maybe you shouldn't do that. But I can definitely lend you some mayo if you need some. Let me know.
Thanks for letting me toot our family horn. Love you!


7 comments:
Oh my delicious! I'm wanting me some Coney's right nah! This is so excellent and exciting!
Remember a couple weeks ago when Sam and I were sharing a PB Burst and he started getting really nasty with me and then I realized it was because he thought I wasn't fairly rationing out the peanut butter? Getting more and more bitter with each bite he watched me take? That's what Coneys'll do to you.
Now.. if any of you readers haven't tried Coney's yet, you need to. Right Now. It'll blow your freaking mind!
Congrats! That is so awesome! It's my all time fav burger! Miss that place!
mmm, I'm hungry. Guess we know where out next date night will be :) Or dinner tonight or lunch or...
Thanks for tempting my tastebuds!
mmmmmmm...coney's...(In best homer simpson voice)
Congratulations! I'll be sure to pass the word along to Kris. And I second that Coconut Joy motion. And I did begin that and this sentence with and. :)
MMM, sounds so good right now! Next time im that way ill have to try it out. Way to go, owning your own business is a lot of work, im impressed.
That's awesome you guys!! How in the world does Jason have time for everything?? Northstar, Coney's, AND wifey's needs??!! Busy, busy! Can't wait to try out Coney's when we come to town for the banquet!
Post a Comment