Don't know quite what my deal is. But I'm quite confident that I'm required to put my foot in my mouth a lot more often than you. I'd bet on it if I were a bettin' woman. I'm ridiculous. Remember this little gem of a story? Yeah... I should be kept from conversing with people. At all times.
I went to the gym this morning. I'm not tooting any horn here, it was the first time in several months and I was wheezing and sputtering the entire time on the treadmill going a whopping 4 mph for 20 minutes. Of course I feel embarrassed about going so slow since the old lady next to me is making the earth shake with her olympic sprinting so I have to limp on one leg or something so everyone will think, Wow look how dedicated she is to staying physically active even with a leg injury and they'll admire me a lot. Then I like to lay flat on my back and pretend to stretch out long and hard in between cardio machines (in truth laying down from exhaustion) and when people pass me I say, "This is what my physical therapist says I have to do... with the injury and all... can you believe that guy?!" and let out a good hardy chuckle. It's pretty convincing.
*If you do see me at the gym limping on the treadmill or laying down on the ground from exhaustion and you wanna try to act like a big shot and call me out on it, I'll act like I have no idea what you're talking about. And I'll make you look like an insensitive fool. So don't try to act like a big shot.*
Anyway as I'm walking in I spot a guy that I used to know pretty well from school. He was in my math study group and we were all good friends in that class and I used to give him dating advice, because I was a newly wed and knew (and still know) everything there is to know about dating and games and such. So we say hey!! and how ya doin' and how ya been and all that jazz and then the conversation ensues as follows:
Him: I remember you were just barely pregnant, what did you end up having? Me: A little girl, we actually have two little girls now if you can believe that much time has passed. Him: What?!? Wow congratulations, I guess I'm not surprised. Me: (at this point what I intend to say is, yeah we stay busy but instead I say: Yeah, we get busy with a big smile on my face, nodding my head casually. He let out an awkward little laugh and then I immediately furrowed my brow like I smelled something rotting and said, "Good to run into you!" and walked immediately away as quickly as possible. I have to retreat when this happens.
I avoided him the rest of the time, did my 5 lunges and 5 sit ups and got outta there. I told my husband when I got home about my encounter to which he simply said, "What is wrong with you?"
Maybe I should see a therapist. Maybe I should tell doc that I can't keep myself from making sexual innuendos in inappropriate settings with inappropriate people. I'm not a closet pervert. I promise. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Oh well. Here's to gettin' busy! And the results:
Grammy and Papa came down for the weekend and happened to bring cousin Carson along too. It was wonderful. These two are best friends. See? She's crying because we told her Carson couldn't move in with us. I'm pretty sure that's why. And look at what a peach he is, comforting her in her time of need. Love it.
We wanted to watch a movie so had to build a fort of distraction for the munchkins. And deliver up the I-phones for puzzle games.
The movie that we had to watch was Eclipse btw. And I ended up putting Lucy to bed and Grammy put Carson to bed and for most of the movie it was just Papa and Jason watching the third Twilight movie together. And everything was right in the world.
Lucy kept saying, "There's no hair!" Papa's got pretty much the coolest feature in the world to her.
Oh, and Lucy is going through a major princess stint. Probably won't end for some time, since mine hasn't yet. Her favorite one is daddy. Loves him.
He's the best. Really.






5 comments:
u kill me. why can i not be around you more?! we were friends in another life i swear. you're too much.
and those girls of yours are also.. too much. squeeze 'em!
Thanks for the laugh. You are hilarious.
oh just laugh about these things and if they know YOU, then they'll know to just laugh too! hahaha awesome :)
I must say that Cinderella suits him more than Belle! Haha, love it!
I also LOVE that you are human and stick you foot in your mouth with the rest of us! I think it's from lack of constant interaction with the outside world. What do people expect from us SAHM's right?!! You're the best!! And the product of all your "business" are the two cutest little darlings around!
hey, I know who's Eclipse that is!!! :)
Post a Comment