
All dressed up and nowhere to go?! Actually, that was sorta the point for this year's Valentine's Day evening. Jason and I are both doing so much these days that relaxing at home really is the most appetizing thing we do. I did decide I wanted to find a sexy dress for Valentine's Day nonetheless. I told the hubby we had reservations and that he had to be home by six. When he got home he found dressier clothes for him in the front entrance with a note that said, "Put these on before you come upstairs." He changed and then came up and I had prepared dinner, (one I was fairly impressed with but can't take full credit for because I went to a cooking class on Tuesday and Andrea in my ward got us started on this most fabulously decadent meal). Bleu cheese crusted beef tenderloin and amazing rosemary potatoes... and a delicious Oreo cheesecake. It turned out so awesome! I even made menus to put on the table:) After dinner and dancing in our living room we just changed into PJ's and watched a sappy movie. He was totally floored and we had a great evening together. So we got all dressed up kinda fancy schmancy style... and stayed home. It was a perfect, relaxing evening- just the two of us!
While we were eating he said, "Well I made something for you as well." and went to get it. He brought out an 8x10 frame and when I realized what it was, I completely melted. It read at the top "101 things I love about my wife..." and there it was, a list of 101 things. Everything from my little quirks to my hands and feet was on there. It was the most tender thing I've ever seen! I, of course, had a good cry and could barely finish dinner:)

2 comments:
sassy mer. my word!
You are so creative! I might have to steal your idea sometime...
nice work! It looks beautiful
Post a Comment