Thursday, February 28, 2008

OH, THE MISSION...

I've been home now for 2 years. Holy cow. So I found some pics of me on the mish and I couldn't resist. They make me laugh so hard, I honestly hardly even recognize myself. Paraguay threw me for a loop. That experience feels like I dreamt it. It was the "best of times and the worst of times". Honestly, the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life, hands down. I was determined to stay a "cute sister missionary" and was committed to not let myself completely go but it really didn't take me long to not give a crap about what I looked like nor how much weight I was gaining. I put on a hefty 20 pounds, mostly on my chin. I couldn't even wear any of my rings, my fingers were completely swollen, due to the horrendous heat and I had a constant glistening greasy face, covered in sweat with accompanying pit stains. I had the worst cankles you can imagine, and they were covered in mosquito bites at all times. I am sparing no details, but it was not pretty. The best part was that I just did not care. There were more important things to me at the time, and at one point I accepted the fact that I might probably never get back to normal. I really didn't care! I referred to myself all the time in my letters home as "fat 'n happy." haha!
Note the glistening face below... and the depth of the dimples which had much more cushion


And that hair... Doesn't even look like me!


Here we are sitting on the temple grounds, the week before I came home. (Me on the far right, notice the pudgy fingers).

6 comments:

heidi said...

You are an absolute nut! You do not have pudgy fingers in that picture! You goof! And the dimples are cute, whats wrong with dimples! everyone thinks they're cute! Hope your feeling good. I"m just getting over my morning sickness, yuck!

Mom or Nancy Crocker said...

Dear Meradith and Jason, Hey, this is Truly's mom, Nancy. I saw your wedding invitation at Truly's house. (She saves the invitations of people I know so I can see them when I come up to visit) I said "Wow!, Jason married a BEAUTIFUL girl." You two look fabulous together, and Tru said you were perfect for each other, and soo happy. I love this blog thing, and was excited to see your names on Truly's blog site. I clicked on your names and thoroughly enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading your comments. Jason, you're such a great guy and I'm so happy for you. And Meradith, you're gorgeous! Truly thinks you're just about perfect...she speaks so highly of you. You and Jason are going to be the best parents ever, I just know it. Love, Nancy Crocker

Anonymous said...

I love it! YOu are always beautiful. I don't think you can ever have a bad picture.

stacy h. said...

wooo! look at all your hair!! :)

Skylette said...

Just think of all the places you can say you've been. I admire you for being able to serve!

katie said...

...blog surfing...you gotta love it! Hi...(This is Dave's KT)...Congrats on the upcoming arrival! You will love it and be great parents, fo sho! Take care, tell Jason hi for me, and maybe we'll stay in contact through the blog world!