Monday, February 11, 2008

Ok can I just say how much I love my husband? Lately I have been overwhelmed with my love for him! I think it has to do with creating this new little person together... and while pregnant, feelings are felt in extreme. I just wish that everyone could marry someone like him and that our daughters will find someone just like their dad!

Brag About Your Husband

What is his name: Jason Seely

How long have you been married: 14 months

How long did you date: Kinda hard to say actually. We started in May of 2004, dated for about two and a half months as I was preparing to leave on a mission. I had a missionary out at the time so I was trying to keep him at a distance (obviously didn’t work too well). When I got home from the mish I moved down to AZ. Forces of nature were pulling us together though and we started up again long distance in July of ‘06. I packed my bags and was moved up to Provo to be with him in August. Married in December, so I guess we dated about seven months, including a 3 month engagement (which I don’t think really counts anyways).

Who eats more sweets: Ya know, I thought I’d never find a man who loved sweets more than I do. But HE DOES! He has the biggest sweet tooth, just like my dad. He loves the really rich chocolate desserts that I can only have about one bite of. He is more disciplined than I am though, especially during pregnancy.

Whose parents do you see most? His, for sure. His live in South Jordan, about 25 min away, and mine are in Idaho Falls.

Who said I love you first: He did. He said it about two weeks before I left on my mission. And I didn’t say anything. It broke my heart! It’s not that I didn’t feel the same; I just knew I was leaving and didn’t want to complicate things further. Once we started dating again after I came home, he said it again a couple weeks into it at the airport (I had come up for the weekend from Arizona.) He said, “I love you, and I’ve never stopped.” Ugh kill me! I was dying to say it back to him so I practically shouted it when I did…and I cried, too.

Who is taller: He is, he’s 6’2”.

Who is smarter: I think he is. Jason is incredibly smart. We share a real love for learning, which I love. He is very book smart and very people smart, though I may have him beat in “emotional intelligence.” We women have a gift.

Who does the laundry: I do. And I can’t believe how much he goes through.

Who does the dishes: He has been doing them lately. What a peach.

Who pays the bills: Umm, we sorta share that. I did for the first big chunk of the marriage and now it’s sorta whoever gets the mail first.

His guilty pleasure: Pop culture and the 80’s. He loves 80’s movies and gets the biggest kick out of teenage pop culture stuff, like Saved by the Bell, Mean Girls, Bring it on... stuff like that. Freaking hilarious, he makes me laugh so hard.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: He does. He’s pretty particular about his side.

Who has more friends: Jason spent a lot of years as a Provo All-star bachelor before finding the one. So he definitely does! But we seem to be evening it out, not so many "his" or "her" friends anymore.

Besides you, who is his best friend: I’d say Dave Carlile, who just moved to Southern Cali. :( We miss you Dave.

Who cooks dinner: Man we really have been sharing this lately. He makes a mean grilled cheese and turkey sandwich. And mean guacamole.

Who is more stubborn: Me, by a landslide. He never cares who’s right or wrong, never holds a grudge, never resists apologizing even when I’m being completely ridiculous. I wish I could be more like him.

Who kissed who first: I guess this was a mutual thing. We were watching a movie after having had dated for about 3 weeks and he kinda pulled the “Hitch” move, even though this was before that movie even came out. He put his lips right up next to mine and did nothing, just waited. Ha!

Who asked who out first: He did of course.

What was your first date: Broadway’s Phantom of the Opera at the Capitol theater.

Who proposed: He did! In Kauai, on the beach as the sun was setting. Not another soul in site!

Who has more siblings: He is 3rd of 7, I am 4th of 5.

What is your favorite thing about him: I could never ever narrow it down to one thing. He is the most honest person I’ve ever met, honest in everything he does. He has his own value system that no one has imposed on him, his integrity dictates every decision he makes. He is one of the most tender-hearted, compassionate people I know. He’s not a show off; he doesn’t care about impressing the masses. He understands the value of work, has never had a THING handed to him and has worked so, SO hard to be where he is. And when we are together we are laughing 90% of the time. I admire him more than I can express.

2 comments:

Truly and Shane said...

Oh my gosh-- the whole him saying "I love you and I've never stopped" in the airport is absolutely soooo sweet! And you saying it back and crying is the most absolute best movie sceen moment or something. I swear I can see it all playing out- how cute!

Jared said...

Are you sure you are talking about the same Jason that I grew up with that beat, teased, tortured, and swindled me FOR NO REASON my entire childhood? I am glad marriage has changed him for the better. :)