Monday, February 11, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!!!

So they're telling us it's a GIRL!! Jason and I went into the mall to that ultrasound place on Saturday, (we are just now at 16 weeks) and sorta fibbed and said we were at 17 because that's when they tell you you're eligible. Can you tell we were anxious to know the sex?? I was kinda preparing myself to be turned away once we got in there, and that she would see through our deceit! But, she didn't. The tech was kinda funny actually... once we got in there she played around with the ultrasound for a bit and then pointed the little arrow in between the legs and said, "What's missing here?" and I, in all seriousness said, "A weiner?" haha YEP! (I really wasn't trying to be vulgar, it just sorta came out!) I don't know why, but I was in total shock and disbelief so I told her to check it out from a few different angles and with each angle she said the same thing. Maybe it's because we are so early and I am just now finally starting to show, I am in denial! Seriously, the baby can only be one of two things but it's like no matter what, when you find out the sex you're in a total state of SHOCK! haha. I keep thinking we are gonna go back in and find outdoor plumbing we didn't see before! I am so exstatic to have a girl! We are OVERJOYED!! These are the pics we took last night before going to bed... notice the hot pajamas...






















PS this belly JUST happened. I swear, like, over night. So crazy!

10 comments:

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

CONGRATS!!! Man, everyone is having a girl...you, Geoff & Jody...Bryan & Annie...that's awesome! Man, what a knock-out she's gonna be!

stacy h. said...

i am so glad you are having a girl!!! :)

Truly and Shane said...

You're belly is freaking cute, freakin CUTE!-- I swear you never even went through the "fat stage" You didn't look pregnant at the grocery store and now, like you said, overnight you can tell your pregnant. You're so lucky- you skipped that chubby stage :) Oh Oh Oh and I knew it was a girl, what'd I tell ya! Congrats, Ooooo lucky baby girl!!

kate said...

oh my goodness... Congratulations you guys!! What is the deal with all these girls?? I think every pregnant person I know is having a girl and it makes me so happy. Baby christensen and baby ball are bound to be friends :)

Your little bump is darling, meradith. and you look so great! How have you been feeling??
We all really need to hang out sometime soon.
CONGRATS again and again!
-kate.

Haylie said...

Mera...you look so beautiful and I am so so so happy for the two of you. Your husband sounds like a saint and what joy this little baby will bring and you two will bring to her. Congrats on a a baby girl...how exciting!

Frankman's said...

HOORAY!!!! We're SO EXCITED for you! Congratulations!!

Love,

Allyson & Dave

Unknown said...

Mera...You look so cute with your little belly! Isn't it weird that you enjoy showing people a belly...even at 8 months pregnant I still thought showing off my belly was weird:)

Oh I wanted to ask you...Michael & I were talking about old times last night & laughing about stories w/ our friends & I was telling him about how we got chased with bats in Jenny's car while she was in reverse screaming...hahaha my question is why were there so many guys there with the bats? I couldn't remember do you?

Frei Family said...

Congratulations!! She is going to be gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Mera,
Look how cute your baby bump is. I love it! You look so beautiful. Congrats on the girl! That will be fun!!! So I was thnking back on the good old days when we played softball, and volleyball together good times huh! We need to get the girls together soon for lunch. love ya!

Christa Skousen said...

Hey I just discovered that you guys have a blog!! I love all your pics and Mer, your little bump is simply adorable!

Our blog is private, but send me your e-mail address so I can add you to our list: christa.skousen@gmail.com