Monday, June 23, 2008


Not only is June 21st the longest day of the year, and the first official day of summer, but it also happens to be the birthday of the man I love and adore. It was a perfect day to celebrate the life of my wonderful husband. I'm so glad you were born Jason! Where on earth
would I be without you?
By the way, before I forget I have to really thank all of you for your comments on the last post, I totally needed the pep talk. I am feeling much better than I was when I wrote that post:) Four weeks to go! Can you believe it? My fingers and toes are starting to look like little bratwursts but I am hangin in there and ready to rock and roll whenever she is.
What a sensational week and weekend it was! So crazy busy... I took my last final on Wednesday, moms and pops came into town on Thursday, it was Jason's birthday on Saturday and on Sunday Nessa and Sam blessed little baby Leah in Alpine. We had lots of family in town for the events, it was so wonderful to be all together. I love my family so much and loved having them stay in our home.
We partied at seven peaks for the big day Saturday. It's become Jason's annual tradition to rent out a couple of cabanas and throw himself a big birthday bash. (So much for me ever throwing him a birthday party, he takes care of it himself) And no, I wasn't allowed to go down any slides but I did tear it up in that wave pool and lazy river. It was crazy intense, being slammed around by those unbelievable waves, trying to swim out from under the REALLY big ones. Don't you remember being a kid and really feeling like that? This time around I just sorta sat in the shallow water like a beached whale wondering if the waves were even going or not. Nonetheless it was a most fabulous day!



Here are a few pics from Sunday... the blessing was wonderful and having them here for the weekend was most sublime. Nessa please move back to Utah! Please!?! Little Leah mia is a complete heart throb, I could barely handle it. I miss her so much now that they're gone, it hurts. It really does.


I took about 500 pictures of her, but here are a few of my favorites of the little gem. Scrumptious.





Here are a couple more I took with my phone... I couldn't resist.

8 comments:

Court and Brade said...

Happy late birthday Jason! Ok, so let me just say that Leah is just BEAUTIFUL! Serious... but with the Collard genes in her, nothing less than GORGEOUS is expected ya know :) Vanessa looks great, tell her hi for me. Girl you ROCKED that bathing suit too! You are one HOTT pregnant momma! I like the color in your hair these days... I miss you... Call me back :)

Unknown said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl. And look at that baby! She is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh LEAH! How freakin cute is she! Man she is so damn adorable...I'm sorry but I don't know how else to describe the cuteness.
Nessa looks like a little supermodel and Mera love love love your pregnant glow and I can't wait to snuggle YOU up!!! July 12th so soon I will be in your arms again....STEFENOOOO!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing better then family!
That little Leah is soooo cute! It makes me baby hungry again.
And you how cute are you pregnant!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Happy Birthday to Jason! Mer...you look great 9 months pregnant! Are you starting to nest like crazy now?? I bet being in your beautiful new home there is a lot of nesting to do. So excited for you...Gosh it seems like just yesterday I had Brooklynn and you and Jason came to visit us in the hospital and brought us Coney's!! Time flies...WOW! Looks like we are leaving for Texas soon...I am actually excited. I'll miss my family here in Cali but I think it will be better for Paul and his guys! Can't wait to see your little one!

Court and Brade said...

Ya flying cross country 8 months pregnant doesn't sound too thrilling :) I know the shower is on the 12th, that's what Stace said, and it breaks my heart that I can't come. SERIOUS! I really am so sad I am going to miss all my girls. But we are coming to SLC for a wedding July 25 and will be there for the weekend... so here's the deal: You have your baby BEFORE that day and I will come visit you! :) OK. I would come visit you either way... BUT hopefully you have her before than, so I can see her when she is brand stinkin NEW! :)

The DeGraffs said...

alright, so ive been scheming up a way to get that baby back into my arms. we all know its mine. God obviously sent that baby to the wrong belly...we all make mistakes. but He has assured me that it was an honest mistake and i need to do all that i can to get her back. im thinking big, like oceans 14 style. mer, ill need you on this one.

candicetheresa said...

Yes! I felt that exact way about the wave pool!!